Doug Riesterer Was Just Awesome Again ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
Doug is enjoying himself and winning to boot !
I'm trying to find out if this is the same chassis he built in his garage from a kit on his own jig !
Don't you just love it when Power , Chassis , and consistency all come together two races in a row !

From Comp Plus !

TWO IN A ROW - Pro Nitrous racer Doug Riesterer is developing a flair for the dramatic.

Three weeks ago he arrived at the St. Louis ADRL event just in time to make one qualifying pass before going on to earn his first event win in nearly two years. He arrived a little earlier this past weekend to Virginia Motorsports Park for the ADRL U.S. Drags V, but still managed only one qualifying pass under power to get in the race-day show before going on to score his second-straight PN title.

“We had some trouble getting parts before this race, FedEx kind of jerked us around, so we showed up here with no timing belt on the motor, put it on, but missed the first lap. And then it rained and we lost the second one. And then today I popped the intake on the first lap this morning, so it kind of turned into a last-shot deal and I was just happy to get in,” Riesterer explained.

After an on-and-off the throttle pass that even saw him get a little sideways, Riesterer powered his way into the 15th position with a 4.245-seconds run at 178.31 mph, bumping nitrous legend Shannon Jenkins from the 16-car field in the process.

A fortunate 4.532 win over a traction-challenged Jim Laurita followed in round one of racing for Riesterer, but by then he’d found his groove, running 3.849 at 188.62 to beat Robert Patrick Jr. and 3.854 at 192.33 against the surprising number-14 qualifier Jason Harris in the semis.

On the opposite side of the ladder, fourth-place starter Burton Auxier carved his way through John Bartunek with a 3.887 run at 193.77, then took out points leader Rickie Jones with a 3.858 at 194.74 and barely missed out on lane choice for the final with a 3.856 win at 194.13 over Robert Mathis in his best ADRL outing to date.

That set up a rematch of the St. Louis final, with Auxier gunning for revenge with a .028 holeshot followed by his best run of the weekend at 3.824 seconds and 195.08 mph, but Riesterer met the challenge with a near-record 3.750 pass at 195.11 mph to repeat his final-round results.

“I’ll tell you, this car is bad fast,” Riesterer said of his Reher&Morrison 855-equipped ’68 Camaro. “It’s a helluva’ lot of fun. I’m glad we made the trip.

“But this class is so tough; there are so many tough guys out here and Burton is definitely one of the toughest so we knew we had to step up for him,” he continued. “We had John DeCerbo over helping us before the final and you know he’s crazy; he told us he’d pay for whatever we burned up, so I just kind of turned him loose on the jet box and I’m not even sure exactly what he put in it but it worked—and we didn’t even burn anything up!”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back