In Memory (1 Viewer)

By the way, about the seatbelts:

I can imagine that someone was not doing their job checking the safety equipment on this one. But then again, who expects 6 week old seatbelts to fail? That's why I have a feeling that they were defective right from the factory and was not thoroughly tested by the manufacturer. If that is the case the girl's family should sue the living crap out of them. Now THAT would be a lawsuit that is warranted, not like that Big O vs Big M bullsh*t!
How do you guys know they didnt fail due to mounting bracket failure????? There is an awful lot of speculation from alot of people who have no idea. We should probably all wait and see what really happened. As hard as she hit the wall its a good possibility no belts would have held

My question is, why was a 17 year old driving a jet dragster? Nothing she could have driven prior to a jet car would have prepared her for this. Too young and not enough experience for a 300 mph car in my opinion.

Concerning the seat belt and her ejection from the car... has anyone ever survived a jet car crash?

I agree. Much to young.

A few things you need to know about this young woman. She started racing when she was 8. She had made 100's of passing in a fast bracket dragster at 170 mph plus and several in a TAD before driving the jet. This was her 10th pass if I remember her dad correctly.

I was there the day she was killed. I'm the IT director for Your Way Network and was operating the camera's for the live feed. She did her job, throttle to idle (after burner off) and chutes out. Why did the car turn violently left into the wall, we are still waiting for the report from the Ontario Provincial Police. She was supported by Todd Paton and crewed his TF car the weekend prior to the crash at the IHRA event at TMP. We received condolences from Hillary Will, Melanie Troxel and Erica Enders. She was an up and coming super star.

Did I know her prior to the crash, no. I'm the chaplain for the Ontario Street Car Association and accompanied the family to the hospital. The OSCA was running their finals that day. I spent the last 2 weeks preparing for the memorial service we will hold for this exceptional young woman this coming Sunday. Tune in to the Network, www.yourwaynetwork.com and find out just how special Kendall was. To young, hardly, I know few adults with this young persons attitude and abilities both on and off the track.

Some of you need to stop and think before you post anything about a subject or situation you don't know a thing about. On all of the boards I've visited gathering info about Kendall's accident and pulling comments from friends and family, this has been the most negative...

Blessings,
Mark Walter, Executive Director
JAMA Racing Ministry
www.jamaministry.com

P.S. I seriously hope that the belts in her car were not Simpson or Impact! or else this could get even uglier

If you remember, blame was initially placed Simpson for Earnhart Sr.'s death, when in reality, DE installed the the belts for his own comfort, not to the manufacturer's specifications. He was also known to losen them during cautions.

Bill Simpson was devastated at the accusation because he and DE were best of friends for decades. There was a time when he used to personally test the safety equipment made by his company. That's how much he cares about the safety of his customers.

I'm sure there will be a thorough investigation into this tragedy.

Last edited:
I am unaware of the make of the belts... however I did see their attachment points to the chassis. Everything appeared to be standard configuration.

I'm certain the report will be published once it's completed.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back