If you were a driver in Fuel Funny Car... (1 Viewer)

I'd be very, very, very happy. A great salesmen for my sponsor and hopefully a champion

If you were a driver in Fuel Funny Car...

Shan, did you fall asleep when you started this thread or did you not have your own thought on this and wanted to kick start the Mater nation since there's nothing going on other than a bunch of pissed off racers/fans and hotel and concession people who aren't going to be busy this coming weekend? Talk about a run-on sentence....

Oh, to respond to your thread...I would be wondering how I was going to pay for all the re-working of the chassis I just had to do to make the car safer?
:(

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night... :D
So I is one... ;) Dry Hops as well... Coolest thing EVER!! :cool:

Hire a dedicated sponsor hunter to try and woo corporations like Canon, HP etc.
Hire Dave Merek (sp?) to be my paint job designer.

I would "give" the dragster to Aspen and we'd live out of our motorcoach. Oh, yeah...and I'd keep letting my hair grow.

2 things....

I'd wear Depends, and I agree 100% about the dry hop, LOTS of them. (The Depends would take care of the wet hops!):D Then I'd leave late when I raced PJ and catch him in the lights!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the average age is on mater... But I have been seeing a lot of mid 40 birthdays lately... :eek: :D

Dry Hops have been long gone since around the mid to late 80's I believe... So if you were not around in that era, you missed one of the coolest things ever...

Long smokey burnouts, followed by either one or two simulated launches behind the starting line... RPM's up as high as at launch for the Alky cars followed by dumping the clutch and mashing the loud pedal for a split second and grabbing a handful of brake... The fuel cars did it as well... Atleast I have ALL those memories on audio tape... :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back