Identity Theft (1 Viewer)

Sue

Nitro Member
This has been a very bad week for me. I found out that some person got my credit card and my personal info . I am not sure how they got it. I have only used it a few times. Now I have a mess. I have been on the phone for 2 day trying to take care of things . What a night mare this has been. I wish some one could tell me how I could have proved this from happening.:mad:

This has been a very bad week for me. I found out that some person got my credit card and my personal info . I am not sure how they got it. I have only used it a few times. Now I have a mess. I have been on the phone for 2 day trying to take care of things . What a night mare this has been. I wish some one could tell me how I could have proved this from happening.:mad:

This happened to my wife over 15 years ago :mad: (a few years before I met her).
Long before it became mainstream. It was bad, long story short, it took over
7 years and several thousand dollars to straighten out. She was also issued
a new SSN. BTW she is still married and never went to the wedding!
Identity theft can and probably will follow you the rest of your life.
It has for her.

No matter what all these identity protection plans promise, they can't stop it from happening.
Even for a monthly fee!!! They take your money on the gamble that it won't happen to a certain percent of their clients.
Same same as car insurance.

About 3-4 months back I got a call from an 1-800 number saying it had to do with my CC and it was Urgent! Turns out someone got ahold of my CC# on the Internet and tried to get $1,080 from Western Union. The ONLY reason it didn't go through was they didn't know my Ex. Date, and that automatically locked up my Card. They recommended I cancel that account and Open a new one, and recommend I change numbers every year!

the work card I use for purchasing just got tagged for over 3k this month. Luckily for me its not in my name but looks like alot of work ahead to clear it all up

THANKYOU ALL!:) It has been a hard week, But a freind that works at our bank said it could have been a lot worse. We caught before it before most people do. All I can do now is wait and pray. So thanks again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back