I ran over my Oakleys (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
I hope Jim reads this.

Yesterday I made a quick run into town to go to the bank and the market. After I left and was on my way back to my office, I realized I didn't have my sunglasses, which are prescription lens Monster Dogs.

Thinking I left them in the bank, I made a quick U turn and went back., As I went thru the parking lot, I looked where I had been parked, and my heart sank. There were the ear stems laying behind the SUV now parked in that space. I realized what had happened. They fell out of my shirt while I was loading groceries, and I didn't see it, got in the car and backed right over them.

I got down on hands and knees looking for the main frame, but couldn't find them. I was going to wait until the folks in the SUV came out to see if they had seen them.

About this time a couple walks up to my car and they have the frames. I was shocked that they were in one piece. The plan was to go back to my office and crazy glue the stems to the frame and at least I could wear them.

When I got back, I couldn't believe it. Nothing was broken. The stems popped back into the frame and were fine.

Who would think you could run over sun glasses with a car, pick up the pieces, pop them back together and act like nothing ever happened.

They are expensive, but so far, I have only had to buy them once.

Anytime the conversation of sun glasses comes up, I will be telling this story.

Thanks Jim and Oakley

Nice story... thanks for sharing.

We get a ton of letters from fire fighters and soldiers telling us how their Oakley's saved their sight. An SUV is nothing... :)

Best,

Jim

Hey Jim,

What is the warranty on "Losing Them?" :D

I had the kind of light grey/clear frames, with the purple cast lenses. If anybody finds them send them back to me will ya. Last seen at Eddyville Iowa in Jeff's Pro-Mod trailer when I was setting the clutch to race Bill Kuhlman in the next round. LMAO

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back