NHRA in 3D? (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
I know this was joked about a few months back, but today during lunch I hit the local Best Buy to check out a TV with a 3D Blu-Ray player hooked up to it. They had some demo disc in it, but the sound was turned down too low for me to hear it. I was marveling at how cool it was, then a quick shot of 2 Pro Stock motorcycles at the starting line got my attention :eek: I wish I could have heard the audio though. I was with a co-worker who was reading the brochure (they only had 1 pair of glasses) and when I saw the bikes I went "Holy $h1T!!!" He goes, "What?!" and looked at the TV but they had already switch shots. Hopefully an omen? :D

maybe this thread will get moved to lounge if it strays too far from
drag racing.........regarding 3D tv.
what your opinion on this technology?
recently bought a top line samsung 55" (non-3D) with thoughts that i
couldn't see always wearing the 3D shades to watch a high-dollar tv.
putting together a quality home theater setup instead.

Mike, I was impressed with the clarity and depth (no pun intended) of the picture. The demo disc had a variety of scenes on it to showcase the versatility and everything looked great. One scene showed some planets in space and it was almost like it went on indefinitely in the background. I found myself looking at everything on the screen, corner to corner looking for a flaw or error in the 3D presentation but couldn't see anything that was a glaring mistake. The picture was smooth and very lifelike. I might not have the most discriminating set of eyes, but I'd say it holds its own when compared to Avatar on a big screen. My TV is a 2009 Mitsubishi DLP that can handle a 3D picture but I've been holding off on buying a Blu-Ray player waiting for 3D capable players to come out. I hope eventually ESPN will offer some or all NHRA races in 3D!

TV technology has really gone up there I don't understand the point in this 3d crap but hey maybe my eyes arent that good as I still think my $100 vacuum tube TV has a picture that to me is just as good as the majority of flash fancy pancy TV's I have seen. Thats probably a good thing though more money for me to put towards racing.

Some amazing stuff coming out though.

Last edited:
viewed 3D (with glasses) on a new samsung in retail store setting.
not going to argue - amazing stuff.

my thought is for the money invested i can have 2-channel or 5-channel
sound for everything as opposed to limited 3D programming, which i have a
feeling will be changing soon; whether or not it sticks is the question?

I think they should get a shot of Jim Heads expolsion in 3d and add some heat lamps that come on at the same time and some 18in earthquake subwoofers.

Then we got somethin!

TV technology has really gone up there I don't understand the point in this 3d crap but hey maybe my eyes arent that good as I still think my $100 vacuum tube TV has a picture that to me is just as good as the majority of flash fancy pancy TV's I have seen. Thats probably a good thing though more money for me to put towards racing.

Some amazing stuff coming out though.

How can you not tell the difference between HD and non HD? When you switch the same show from hd to non-hd, i think its a world of difference. HD is awesome

I "bah humbugged" the HD long ago. I thought, man my TV looks so good, don't see why I would spend the money for a few select shows that were in HD. After some time passed and more shows went to HD it started to peek my interest. Once I convinced myself to buy one....HOLY CRAP I was hooked. It's like night and day, things like NFL, NHL, and NHRA is amazing in HD. I'm doing the same thing with 3D.....buh humbug, why would I spend the money when my TV looks so good now for a few select shows......see you in a couple of years....next to the 3D TV in my basement.

I "bah humbugged" the HD long ago. I thought, man my TV looks so good, don't see why I would spend the money for a few select shows that were in HD. After some time passed and more shows went to HD it started to peek my interest. Once I convinced myself to buy one....HOLY CRAP I was hooked. It's like night and day, things like NFL, NHL, and NHRA is amazing in HD. I'm doing the same thing with 3D.....buh humbug, why would I spend the money when my TV looks so good now for a few select shows......see you in a couple of years....next to the 3D TV in my basement.

Im with you maybe ill be swayed later but right now until I just don't see the point. I like to go to movies or sit down and watch tv and I just like to watch a good program or movie I just have a feeling that this 3d stuff with things jumping out at me will be more distracting then exciting maybe im wrong I will have to see it first then make an oppinion.

Can't say HD is no good though because there is a better picture quality with it for sure. But 3D why?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back