Howdy (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Hi all...

I've already posted but thought I'd introduce myself. I am from the Midwest and got my start as a drag racing spectator at Kansas City Internal Raceway back in the mid eighties, when I was all of 13 years old. Saw a lot of good stuff, including Force when he was running a Corvette body (and had been working with Austin Coil for less than a year). Got to see Kalitta when he was still racing, Don Garlits, Shirley Muldowney, Gene Snow. Please keep in mind folsk that some of this took place 25 years ago and my memory is not as good as it used to be. For instance, I might have it wrong when Coil started working for Force.

Then they build Heartland Park Topeka. I've gone there a couple of times and saw Amato and Bernstein run. That was a treat.

OK, enough name dropping. I currently reside in Providence, RI, not far from the Tasca dealership. I never knew there was so much drag racing history out of little Rhody! I hope to catch up with some of you at the event Tasca Racing will hold in Cranston, RI this fall.

Not sure if I am going to Reading or Charlotte this fall. Still making plans. I'm sure there will be a 'mater meetup at each event.

I am a nitro-head. My current favorites are Dixon and Tasca (I live in RI, I *have* to root for Tasca).

See you in the forums...

Tom

Welcome aboard and nice intro. I am from the Island of Rhode as well, there are quite a few racers around our small state.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back