Blizzard Can't Stop Tasca From Starting Sixth Season At NHRA Winternationals (1 Viewer)

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 13, 2013—Bob Tasca III couldn’t be more ready to start his sixth season on the NHRA Mello Yello Funny Car tour. After 48 solid hours of plowing snow out of his family’s Ford dealership in Cranston, R.I. – where 27 inches of snow completely buried the rows of Fords, making them look more like ski moguls – Tasca is ecstatic to trade his snow boots and tractor for the palm trees of Southern California and his Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang Funny Car.

Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team come to the 53rd annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals armed with data from testing in both December and January in Palm Beach, Fla. They’ll start this season ahead of the game, exactly where they hoped to be.

“I’m happy to see something other than snow,” said Tasca, who cleared the snow with two others.

View attachment 4601
“Let me tell you, I’ve been thinking about the first qualifying session at the Winternationals since the Finals in November. At the end of the day, when you’re a driver, the only thing you really want to do is get back in your race car. I was happy to get some seat time over the winter and am glad to be back in Pomona. I have a lot of confidence in this Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang and my guys. We’re ready to go.”

Despite the time spent on the track this winter, Tasca fit in plenty of family time during the break, including a trip to Orlando, Fla. with his wife and four sons.

Two hours of qualifying air on ESPN2 at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, with eliminations from 8-11 p.m. ET on Sunday.

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back