Bob Tasca, five engine changes at Sonoma (1 Viewer)

Changing a Motor means little when your talkin a 75 Min. Turnaround, easier to throw in a new Billet than to service a motor.

Changing a Motor means little when your talkin a 75 Min. Turnaround, easier to throw in a new Billet than to service a motor.

Yeah I get that much. What I was asking about is it normal to burn through 5 engines in four rounds of qualifying and three rounds of eliminations? That is five bullets in seven runs!

I did not read the article but the info needed to answer your question is:
Changed or spent.........5 engine changes (just to be sure) no big deal. 5 engines hurt..........big deal. :)

...is it normal to burn through 5 engines ...
If your having main bearing problems ,it can happen, that's why they carry 12 + motors with them,
there's more than technology in those extra 18 wheelers...;)
Burnt-up main bearings need some block re-work ,
but it's not like throwing the rods out every other run when the rev-limiter was working at 1320'...:mad:

I'm sure Tasca can live with it, he made seven passes this weekend, and the slowest one was a 4.220, that's pretty impressive..;)

Since he may not have time to get the blocks repaired (assuming they need it) before Denver the only question would be does he have enough for Denver especially if they can't figure out the problem. Which I'm sure he does!

Yeah I get that much. What I was asking about is it normal to burn through 5 engines in four rounds of qualifying and three rounds of eliminations? That is five bullets in seven runs!

Tom just cause they changed a motor doesn't mean they Burned through one per say. Could have blackened a Crank, Broke a valve which in turn damaged a head and Piston, etc... Servicing a Motor takes much longer then throwing in another one.

Racing fuel is a lot like shooting. You use a new bullet each shot, then take the brass home and reload it.

There is a race on youtube from the late 80's I think 88 or 89 where Joe Amato had to change motors every round.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back