Bob Tasca, five engine changes at Sonoma (1 Viewer)

I remember taking all six blocks and all the parts we had to go to a National event 5 to race 1 to match race to get home. Three man crew replace them and fix later,remember many a motor exiting the elevator at the Holiday Inn at Indy 1980. Was runner up, times don't really change just the years.

Another piece of ford junk!

Ah Craig you've gone and said it again. Now you and WJ are both in the doghouse with that snot nosed brat:D

Did Johnson take offense at Tasca's shot at the K&N car's manufacturer?

“Absolutely -- because I think the same thing about them damn Fords,” he said. “You know what 'Ford' stands for. You're standing in front of the mirror in the morning. You're shaving. You got your Ford T-shirt on. You look at it. D-R-O-F. Oh yeah -- driver returning on foot.”

Wow! This thread went downhill fast. Let me see.........first, let's trash a great racing family name. Then, let's trash the only major American car company to NOT take bailout (taxpayer) money who is also the only real player still supporting racers..........Check and check :mad:

Wow! This thread went downhill fast. Let me see.........first, let's trash a great racing family name. Then, let's trash the only major American car company to NOT take bailout (taxpayer) money who is also the only real player still supporting racers..........Check and check :mad:

I was having fun with Ford's name, not the company. If you can find a way of making fun of Chevy's name using the letters of its name, I am game for that.

Sort of like: NASA: Never Access Space Again

So far, we've:

asked a question about excessive motor changes and received some answers

and then we

bashed Ford, the company
made fun of Ford, the name
bashed Tasca
bashed the BOSS 429 and the BOSS 500

Looks like we are on another nitromater thread mutation!

If you can find a way of making fun of Chevy's name using the letters of its name, I am game for that.

Can
Hear
Every
Valve
Rattling
On
Long
Extended
Trips

Bash Ford all you want, but as Mel stated, they will forever be known as the only American car company to survive The Great Recession w/o government intervention.

Can
Hear
Every
Valve
Rattling
On
Long
Extended
Trips

Bash Ford all you want, but as Mel stated, they will forever be known as the only American car company to survive The Great Recession w/o government intervention.

Your Chevy stuff is good, I got a chuckle.

That said, I need to clarify something here... if I really wanted to bash Ford, I would do something much more severe than have a little fun with the letters F, O, R and D. I am agnostic when it comes to car manufacturers. I neither hate nor like Ford. But the same is true of Chevy, Toyota, Honda, BMW, Audi, etc...

The Great Recession, eh? :confused: The one George Bush created and Barack Obama will bring us out of? :rolleyes:

Equal-opportunity basher here. I own a 2005 Chevrolet pickup and a Shelby Cobra (65 model) and in this area, "I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy" decals are not uncommon. You see images of little Chevy guys peeing on Ford products and little Ford guys doing the same. All in good fun. And I like Bob Tasca III just fine.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back