Here's an idea (1 Viewer)

That is not entirely accurate. I have been to both Fuji and Hockingheim.

At Fuji they race down the front straight of the road race track. They do not want any damage done to the racing surface, so, when I was there, they didn't allow burnouts, or any kind of compound on the track. It is only to preserve the track. Has nothing to do with the show. Last time I was there Shirley was there and had to run with no burnout.

Hockingheim has a dedicated starting grid that runs out onto the main road race track.

Same deal at the track up here, Willow Springs. No burnouts on the main race track. When they hold drag races, they run from turn 9 down the front straight. Turn 9 has a pit enterance road. That is where the staging lanes are, and you do your burnout on the pit road, then make a u turn out onto the track and stage.

Japanese Top Fuel is the most ridiculous.......there was a video (no longer on youtube as it was excruciatingly embarassing) that showed a team over there trying over and over again to start a TF and having as much luck as a group of one armed wallpaper hangers. They were doing it in a crowded parking lot and could have killed somebody. Then, just like the second vid above, they blew it up. Just like a group of 6 year olds given a barrel of nitro and a JP1 on a go kart.......almost as dumb as drifting!;)

^^ Looked like the first round of Top Fuel sunday night in Atlanta this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back