Knee Jerk Reaction to Pheonix Race (1 Viewer)

Dubs

Nitro Member
Alright so I'm just going to make a list of some of the things I picked up from the broadcast. Take them however youd like

-Pretty cool having a father/son both qualified number 1 respectively in FC and TF.

-Shawn Langdon never disappoints to say about 30 "you know's" during an interview

-I've seen this a million times before, but KB always crouches during Brandon's runs. Tradition, sure, but seems to me you could get a better view just standing up...

-The DSR Funny cars are appearing to have a much much better year, whereas the dragsters aren't going to have as good a year.

-The Gainesville race will be on ESPN, which is awesome!

-The four cars in the semi's of TF (Dixon, Sarge, Bernstein and Antron) could very well be the top 4 in the countdown when all is said and done.

-Cruz Pedregons mustache from the 'First Time Winners' piece was just scary

-John Force, time and time again, always makes me laugh

-Is this Wally made of pure silver??

-What is up with Mike Neff in Finals...This time he couldn't get it in reverse and last time he couldn't pop the hood

-Ace was FIRED up after they won in the finals.

Let me know what you think and if you like it I'll do one for every race

One thing I noticed that hadn't occured to me before - when talking about numbers to 1/2 track for TF and FC, shouldn't it be to 500 foot not 660 ?
Dunn said Berstein ran 280 to the eighth...:confused:

Mark.

One thing I noticed that hadn't occured to me before - when talking about numbers to 1/2 track for TF and FC, shouldn't it be to 500 foot not 660 ?
The incremental timers are still at 594/660'. To get a speed and ET at 500', there'd have to be two more timers on the track.

Alright so I'm just going to make a list of some of the things I picked up from the broadcast. Take them however youd like

-I've seen this a million times before, but KB always crouches during Brandon's runs. Tradition, sure, but seems to me you could get a better view just standing up...

I coach several sports and I have noticed that at times during the game I too crouch. Keeps the nervous energy focussed, keeps me from pacing. I bet Kenny is able to focus more on the run then. also it keeps anyone near him away from asking him anything

Mark.

Just because the finish line has change doesn't mean the rest has. 60' is still 60' and 1/8 mile is still that. Now calling the 660 1/2 track, you're right that now is off.

one thing i surely enjoyed was seeing tony s getting his buttocks handed to him again !!!!! :D that hopefully will be repeated many times this year as alan johnson and his team rack up the wins

Jeff, \
with all due respect, Alan has to get his first win before he starts to rack up anything, now, I will admit AJ and Larry are gonna be some tough hombre's, but I dont think that Tony, Ant, Doug or Brandon are gonna just roll over either.
you could call this being an optimist, I call it a reality check!

one thing i surely enjoyed was seeing tony s getting his buttocks handed to him again !!!!! :D

You know one thing I enjoyed seeing was seeing both of the Summit cars and JFR get their "buttocks" handed to them. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you have to highlight it every chance you get, it is getting old!

Thank You Paul, and that's coming from a hard core JFR fan... and gezz I like Tony Shoe, as much as I like Hillary, Doug K, Larry D, Grubby, Ant, JR... and there's not a flopper shoe I don't like...

guess what I'm saying is that I don't DISLIKE anyone... well maybe a few people, but those are 40 plus year dislikes... with reason.

d'kid

One thing I liked is how Mike Neff's interviews are more like a crew chief than a sponsor spewing bobble head.

Mike's knowledge of the race car will make him an even better driver because he knows the car better than a typical driver, except for Del Worsham, Jim Head and Gary Densham who are on even par with him. And to hear him give the technical side in interviews (maybe to the chagrin of the Force brain trust) was refreshing.

When he was unable to dissengage the clutch to back after his burnout in the final he didn't need someone on the radio to tell him "If the clutch linkage is broke..."

RG

When he was unable to dissengage the clutch to back after his burnout in the final he didn't need someone on the radio to tell him "If the clutch linkage is broke..."
RG

Excellent point. He knew right away there was no chance to push it back, and got it out of the way asap.

Yeah, thought that was pretty cool as well. Also thought it was pretty cool to see Ace and Ron throw down a 4.04 even when they had it in the bag. Ace was PUMPED!

#1 and #2 head-to-head woulda been way cool to see! But, a win is a win. :) And yes, y'all know me well enough to know that I would say that either way!

one thing i surely enjoyed was seeing tony s getting his buttocks handed to him again !!!!! :D that hopefully will be repeated many times this year as alan johnson and his team rack up the wins
:confused:I am not a huge fan of either driver, but that is an interesting comment when you consider the points as of now ... maybe we should wait until AJ / Dixon get a win or 2 before they are annointed as the new Kings of the class.

Top Fuel (Following event 2 of 24 events)
1 Antron Brown 206 - Hadman
2 Brandon Bernstein 164 - Hadman
3 Doug Kalitta 163 - Attac
4 Tony Schumacher 127 - Hadman
5 Morgan Lucas 124 - Hadman
6 Larry Dixon 88 - Hadman
7 Spencer Massey 85 - Dragster
8 Shawn Langdon 83 - Hadman
9 Cory McClenathan 82 - Hadman
10 David Baca 62 - Sarmento

I was curious, since Pomona was a washout and not a good barometer, how was the crowd? With the economy in the toilet, I was wondering if the attendance was weak or not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back