Why Whit Bazemore can be a jerk (1 Viewer)

john

Nitro Member
Whit Bazemore Pre-Indy | rpm2night.com

In this week's podcast Whit previews the US Nationals and says Johnny Gray can get the job done.

He also reveals why, at times during his driving career, he was a jerk.

Whit also says you have to be totally fearless to win the US Nationals.

thanks for checking it out.
JK

Nice interview, John. I have to admit, as much I'm not a fan, the guy is interesting to listen to in a casual conversation.

I was quite put off by his use of the word "we" in the first part of the discussion, as in "if we went a little quicker on the tree" and so on. I appreciate that drivers need to take care to recognize the team nature of the sport, and I'm sure they are drilled to use "we" in reference to car performance and so on. But when he was discussing the driving, I would think "I" is more appropriate; the use of "we" sounded a bit like the Queen. :)

And, let me see if I have this right. He was implying that he was a jerk to others (he specifically mentioned Force) so as to apply pressure to himself to perform better? That's a rather convoluted logic path...

Alls you hear from so many Racefans is how boring Driver interviews have gotten over the Years. Along comes a driver like Whit who says exactly what he thinks, with NO worry about Repercussions whatsoever! And everyone Flamed him for it!

That was a really great interview, good stuff John, and I'm sure that you're not TOO sorry that you have to work all weekend!;)

No Lance, I'm extremely happy I get to work this weekend in a job that actually pays me something! LOL. the website is doing well, numbers wise, but it's not generating any income yet! Hopefully that'll come and I can pay people to write stories and I'll continue to do podcasts and videos.

wish I was a better writer! TV writing doesn't translate well to people who are used to print stories! LOL

No Lance, I'm extremely happy I get to work this weekend in a job that actually pays me something! LOL. the website is doing well, numbers wise, but it's not generating any income yet! Hopefully that'll come and I can pay people to write stories and I'll continue to do podcasts and videos.

wish I was a better writer! TV writing doesn't translate well to people who are used to print stories! LOL

John, if your website is getting good traffic, selling advertising should be pretty easy! Go for it.....

In reference to "we going quicker on the tree" .... I think I would agree with you if he were talking about keeping the car in the groove, BUT remember there is no delay box in this thing (yeah, I know you know that). I understand there are lots of crew chief decisions that have significant impacts on how quick a light you can cut on one of these things. We've heard from several drivers how teams won't give up ET, etc. to give the driver a quicker reacting car.

With respect to sawing down the tree in a nitro car, I give him every right to draw the team into that discussion. That said, in his recent absence, the bar has raised in terms of driver contribution in this area . . .

Jeff you're right about sawing down the tree being not exclusively a driver issue. Yet, if you listen to the interview again, you'll see he uses "we" universally even when discussing lights, keeping the car in the groove, and so on, things that are typically the purview of the driver.

I'm nit-picking, I admit. It just seemed like an affectation, kind of odd. Like the "royal we" that the queen or someone like that would use.

John,,,

How about a shameless plug for your website , I would follow it and click through ,,

also your invited for breakfast over a hickory fire any day this week end if your hungry , sorry you missed my spread for my customers at Joliet
:(

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back