Drag racing PC - Why Whit Didn't Punch Back At Capps (1 Viewer)

One of the biggest points of this is that theses people mentioned above were OWNERS and DRIVERS....they were the boss!

Not many of those kinds of racers around still in any pro class out there. When you are being paid by team owner, you more than likely need to mind your P's and Q's....
Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch don't own their own teams........;)

Great posts Bill.
I drag raced (bikes) for a while-and circle tracked cars. And while there were some I dis-liked drag racing, there were thoses I hated circle tracking. How bad can you do someone drag racing? Take long to stage? Change lanes at the last minute? Passion is one thing-total anger over prior incedents is something else. So they beat you the last 2 times. Its thier job-and its a 50/50 whos gonna win. Try having someone intentionally drive you into the wall-and end up with a broken wrist-there you have a reason to be pissed when you are around them on the track.
Another difference between angry drag racers + Nascar-i'm sure Kyle + Kevin can go all weekend and never be near each other off the track--the pits + garages are huge-2 drag racers are gonna be near each other wether they want to be or not. 2 of 16 vs. 2 of 44.....
And how much of the latest trend of racer vs. racer is TV inspired? ESPN got TONS of mileage out of the Force/Ped. incedent. What was the worse before that? When Shawn Gann kicked Matt Smiths helmet near the scales? And you can see it now with the media trying (sucessfully) to get Kurt Busch worked up about Jimmie J? Got him so mad he tore up papers + stormed out of a press conference. Now the media is MAKING the story--not just reporting it. That I think we can do without.

Barry. Have you listened to any of Whit's podcasts? Yes, he can be abrasive, but I think he's done a great job this year in helping me out with rpm2night.com's NHRA coverage.

He definitely speaks his mind! Afterall, isn't that what "we" want?

first off i respect what whit did in his racing career. he came up the hard way and had success. that said John, let me remind you that , speaking your mind is not in itself a virtue .its what you have to say and how you say. tony schumacher 'speaks his mind' and is passionate about winning. hes not 'abrasive' he's just a great driver .instead of kicking or throwing his helmet after a tough loss he sucks it up and gets ready to do better next time. if whit spent more time improving his racing chops and his attitude instead of speaking his mind he might be racing and winning today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back