Wednesday with Whit: Pomona favs, why NASCAR got a leg up on NHRA 20 years ago (1 Viewer)

Thanks guys, LMFAO the last 5 minutes... Enjoyed as always....

But, after next week, how am I going to unwind on Wednesday evenings?

thanks

d'kid

Holy heck. Whatever happened to journalistic objectivity in drag racing?

I'm guessing it got tossed into the same bone yard the mangled corpse of Wall Street ethics was thrown into.

I know you two are beholden to NHRA and whatever they decide to do. But we fans and participants have our collective eye on something just a bit more important than a paycheck. We're deeply worried about the absolutely deplorable shape the Association is in. And that opinion is not really debatable if you possess a reasoned, analytical mind. Or follow history at all.

Also ... anyone who finds it "hysterical" or "amusing" a large number of core fans are ready to riot because of the stunningly idiotic and self-serving crew currently ruining things ... is only worried about one thing: And that's a fear of p*ssing off whomever issues their all-access credentials and sticks a mic in their hands.

Further ... how can you both act so mockingly amused about passionate and fully justified fan discord on one hand, and then turn around in virtually the next breath intone the necessity we all get together and cease the confrontational relationship that exists?

I believe that's called a contradiction.

I've never been good at politics, and I do realize you broadcasters have to engage in a certain amount of Olympic-level hiney smooching to keep your gigs. But don't ever think your willingness to submit to that nasty task accords you the right to mock those of us who actually give a sh*t about something other than a payday.

It's flat out insulting ... something I never thought I'd ever see from either John or Whit. Where in the h*ll is the Bazemore who used to fight with everyone in the NHRA about everything?

I'm bitterly disappointed. Because I know you're both smart enough, savvy enough to know the NHRA today is an unholy mess. And standing back and chuckling while Rome burns doesn't take much effort. Nor does performing as trained seals for the current administration.

I expected so much more out of you guys.

Doc

We're deeply worried about the absolutely deplorable shape the Association is in. And that opinion is not really debatable if you possess a reasoned, analytical mind. Or follow history at all.

... anyone who finds it "hysterical" or "amusing" a large number of core fans are ready to riot because of the stunningly idiotic and self-serving crew currently ruining things....

Because I know you're both smart enough, savvy enough to know the NHRA today is an unholy mess. And standing back and chuckling while Rome burns doesn't take much effort. Nor does performing as trained seals for the current administration.

Wow, you seriously need to step away from the computer for a while and get a life! Obsessed is an understatement based on the majority of your posts. Could the NHRA be better, I couldn't argue with that; but IMO, your assessment is far from the truth. Rioting, Rome burning, deplorable shape.......LOL! Based on your description, I have no idea how they are capable of putting on a national event????? :rolleyes:

Holy heck. Whatever happened to journalistic objectivity in drag racing?

Yeah!!! How in the heck can Whit give his OPINION in a podcast interview about HIS OPINION? Crazy, I tell ya!!

I know you two are beholden to NHRA and whatever they decide to do.

Yeah!!! C'mon guys... Show 'em the "Beholden to NHRA" shirts you made.

...or the tattoo in Whit's case! :D

But we fans and participants have our collective eye on something just a bit more important than a paycheck. We're deeply worried about the absolutely deplorable shape the Association is in.

Yeah!!! WAY more important than a payche... Um... Nevermind that part!

And that opinion is not really debatable if you possess a reasoned, analytical mind. Or follow history at all.

Wait... "opinion"? I thought this was about "journalistic objectivity in drag racing"!

Also ... anyone who finds it "hysterical" or "amusing" a large number of core fans are ready to riot because of the stunningly idiotic and self-serving crew currently ruining things ... is only worried about one thing: And that's a fear of p*ssing off whomever issues their all-access credentials and sticks a mic in their hands.

Whoa!!! I did NOT sign up for riots, picketing and the like. A little Internet criticizing sure but...

Further ... how can you both act so mockingly amused about passionate and fully justified fan discord on one hand, and then turn around in virtually the next breath intone the necessity we all get together and cease the confrontational relationship that exists?

Hmmmmm... I guess I missed the mocking amusement. Better go re-listen...

:::insert Jeopardy final question music:::

Nope, no mocking... only amusement (GASP).

I've never been good at politics, and I do realize you broadcasters have to engage in a certain amount of Olympic-level hiney smooching to keep your gigs. But don't ever think your willingness to submit to that nasty task accords you the right to mock those of us who actually give a sh*t about something other than a payday.

Asked and answered Your Honor!

It's flat out insulting ... something I never thought I'd ever see from either John or Whit. Where in the h*ll is the Bazemore who used to fight with everyone in the NHRA about everything?

I'm bitterly disappointed. Because I know you're both smart enough, savvy enough to know the NHRA today is an unholy mess. And standing back and chuckling while Rome burns doesn't take much effort. Nor does performing as trained seals for the current administration.

I expected so much more out of you guys.

Doc

Yeah!!! For the price we pay for this FREE and ENTERTAINING podcast the least you could do is bash the heck out of NHRA and maybe get a leg up on that whole world peace fiasco...

Sheeesh....

History shows powerful opinion always provokes powerful reaction. But that reaction means nothing unless it seeks to at least address the problem the initial opinion suggested.

Meaning, only a fool would deny the existence of deep and ugly problems within the NHRA. And neither of you two gentlemen strikes me as a fool.

So I'd like to hear what YOU would propose to correct the direction of the NHRA. Or am I to assume, by the vigor of your responses, that you think everything is hunky dory?

Doc

Gosh, if you think the NHRA is in a bad state, the issues in Australian Drag Racing at the moment would send you to a mental hospital. :D

History shows powerful opinion always provokes powerful reaction. But that reaction means nothing unless it seeks to at least address the problem the initial opinion suggested.

Meaning, only a fool would deny the existence of deep and ugly problems within the NHRA. And neither of you two gentlemen strikes me as a fool.

So I'd like to hear what YOU would propose to correct the direction of the NHRA. Or am I to assume, by the vigor of your responses, that you think everything is hunky dory?

Doc

I see many problems and actually admire your desire to jump in head first and do something. However, the fact that a weekly podcast such as theirs would evoke such a rant LITERALLY made me laugh out loud. A couple of guys offering FREE commentary suddenly became self-serving, butt-kissing and lacking of "journalistic integrity"...

Ya' gotta admit that is WAY over the top!

...and funny!!:D;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back