Idea (1 Viewer)

cephus

Nitro Member
here is an idea to spice up the alky class even more let them run a nostalgia type nitro engine limit blower size, roots, 1 mag, fuel pump, mite increase the crowd/gate at the regionals anything is worth a try

bored n bama:eek:

here is an idea to spice up the alky class even more let them run a nostalgia type nitro engine limit blower size, roots, 1 mag, fuel pump, mite increase the crowd/gate at the regionals anything is worth a try

bored n bama:eek:

Anotherwords, all their current parts inventory is useless right?

I'd like to see injected nitro TAFC, but NHRA most likely doesn't have the patience to go through years of parity issues like they did with TAD.

Hold on there...spice up the alky classes? The battle for the TAD title last year was a barn burner between Whiteley and Demke...and a blown car wins the crown to boot.

You want excitement -the nitro cars vs the blown cars, the characters and personalities involved, and in TAFC you have Frank vs Bartone vs Anne Whiteley...not to mention a host of others who can win on any weekend.

Why do you think it's boring?

Hold on there...spice up the alky classes? The battle for the TAD title last year was a barn burner between Whiteley and Demke...and a blown car wins the crown to boot.

You want excitement -the nitro cars vs the blown cars, the characters and personalities involved, and in TAFC you have Frank vs Bartone vs Anne Whiteley...not to mention a host of others who can win on any weekend.

You are so right, the alki classes are the most competitive they have ever been, and more exiting then the fuel classes and the nostalgia deal in my opinion, but again its apples and oranges, I like both.

TAD is awsome way more competitive than big show T/F.

Battle? Yes! Fan interest? No! I'm a HUGE Manzo fan & NHRA won't give him, (he's in second place overall, in National event victories) the recognition he so justly deserves. They have also cut way back on the number of divisional races for the alky classes, because of promoter's crying about the purses.

I also would like to see injected nitro in the TAFC class, as I feel promoter's would get behind that! I ain't holding my breath.

didnt say it was boring, and i am a fan of all mentioned especially the alky class n gneral u 4get i am an x alky racer that wuld like to come back and culd now but it dont seem to b a smart move , was thinking more of the fan draw for the races and yes it has ruined the average alky racer on the divisional level, a lot of budget racers cant travel the distance to the regional races now, remember superman himself (force) said it is all about the fans:eek: TF and Funny car is boring i was just bored pourin rain here:D
by the way i think blown nitro will bring fans in if it is marketed rite

Last edited:

For some reason, there are those who think that if it don't burn Nitro it doesn't sell! If the NHRA didn't charge an arm and a leg to the tracks that hold Regional races, maybe they could afford to advertise and get some butts in the seats!

Battle? Yes! Fan interest? No! I'm a HUGE Manzo fan & NHRA won't give him, (he's in second place overall, in National event victories) the recognition he so justly deserves. They have also cut way back on the number of divisional races for the alky classes, because of promoter's crying about the purses.

I also would like to see injected nitro in the TAFC class, as I feel promoter's would get behind that! I ain't holding my breath.

I'm so glad you feel your views represent the views of the rest of us! I was planning on going to the new Epping Natl. but when I saw the Alky cars weren't there, I chose Chicago instead for the Jegs all stars! But I agree NHRA could care less about the Alky cars!

They have also cut way back on the number of divisional races for the alky classes, because of promoter's crying about the purses.

When a track operator stands to lose $100,000 + when they hold an NHRA Divisional event, why should anyone stand to take that kind of financial hit?

well if the glendora suits werent so greedy, the purses culd be changed,
i think nitro sells better than alky in a general ad to the public, but watever

Darr What race cost the promoter 100 big to put on the alky part of the race?You must know something about purses I never heard of.

I would rather see them leave alky alone and just add nostalgia nitro f/c and dragster classes.

Darr What race cost the promoter 100 big to put on the alky part of the race?You must know something about purses I never heard of.

I said nothing about the purses... purses + toilets + security + utilities + employees + ambulance + safety crew + facility + + +

That is why one track operator told me last fall, that he would not have a Divisional this year.

An open test-N-tune is much more profitable, I believe the track operator.

When a track operator stands to lose $100,000 + when they hold an NHRA Divisional event, why should anyone stand to take that kind of financial hit?

I'm betting the Alky racers wish they saw a $100,000 purse at Any race, much less a Divisional/Regional! Some Alky racers like running the Regionals, most don't! I think NHRA needs to lift the rules on running Regional races when Track owners don't want to pay them anyway!

amen , Joe, $100g's wuld change the alky class i have most of my engine parts for an a-fuel engine and i miss alky class, just dont seem a good avenue, still thinkin of a pro mod with
a-fuel or nitro engine with 671 blower local series has approved it, and think it wuld b fun and good for the fans, but still got some time 2 decide

gk

The Baders make an Event out of their divisional at Norwalk. Always seems to draw a good crowd for it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back