Helping HD Partners (2 Viewers)

OK but I have to wonder. If the low budget team who barely makes it in the field and qualifies 16. Does he not get more direct coverage than whoever finishes 13th, 21st,29th or last in a nascar event?
In drag racing they will show the burnout, last second adjustments, staging then the run as well as replays. You have 2 vehicles or for this conversation sponsors and thats it. In nascar anytime that they would show cars further back in the back it would be as a group shot. The viewers attention is split in several directions and that assumes that the camera is such that each sponsor on the 3, 6, 12 cars in the frame can all be seen.

I would think The leaders in a nascar race would get more actual tv time then a winner in tf but even at that I wonder if this is a question of quality vs quantity. Driver A wins the race. He/she gets 4 passes where it is only them and one other car, interviewed after each pass plus the race winning interview. Drive B wins the nascar race. Leads 25 laps. never runs away from the pack the camera is always on 4-7 cars. One interview after the win.

Now driver b gets more tv time, but with spiltting the viewers attention is it to the same quality(and arguably more of an impact) then drive a gets.

I guess the real point is that many people including housewives, doctors and so forth who really are not all that much of a gearhead like and watch other forms of motor racing mostly NASCAR. Drag racing fans on the other hand seems to be mostly gearheads or family of a gearhead. That limits the number of exposures the sponsor gets and also the type of sponsor.

Couple that with the fact that if your a front runner your burnout gets watched and you perhaps get interviewed before or after the race while the car in the other lane get largely ignored. And that's before the first count down cut. If you don't make the cut your chopped liver.

In the mean time those big ol billboards with the sponsor's name on it just keeps goin around in a circle for what seems like days all the while getting some exposure or mention from time to time with millions watching. Then after the fact each race is rehashed for several days and next weeks event is analyzed over and over. Everyone want to know why so and so isn't running well or in contention. Did you ever hear that question asked about Doug K. or anyone else on ESPN sports center?

All the while we are on the track and in the interview booth an average of about 20 seconds per pass. So if we win we get about 2 1/2 min. for our sponsor. Next week if we go out first round and get about 40 seconds exposure.

All I'm saying is we're over way to quick and only watched by a limited audience to ever be an effective marketing tool except to a limited number of sponsors.

And those big ol bill boards are still goin in a circle just like something you just flushed down the drain.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back