LIVE BROADCAST........... Yea or Nae (1 Viewer)

Ok gang, what do you think?? Is it better ?? worse?? did you notice any difference at all??
Is it worth the shorter turn around times ?? Will it be tough on the smaller crew teams??
Do you think it will improve viewer numbers??

I heard NHRA is going to "LIVE" more races this season. Not sure how many, or what ones.

Anyway, your comments, likes, dislikes, observations.....Lets discuss before we go back to racing this weekend.

Live broadcast doesn't mean anything since I tape most races for evening viewing. I would rather see teams have the 75 min turn around, makes for cleaner and safer racing.
Now I do like U S Nationals with the time they have on TV which I like watching live, my only exception.

I have ZERO interest in all the filler that ends up in the live shows. The same with top end interviews while cars are on the track, with a taped race they can record the interview and show it between runs and not have Force or somebody talking through the next pair.

"Live" shows mean nothing to me.

I never watch shows in real time. Especially when the weather turns nice. Living in the land of winter and road construction, I refuse to sit inside on a nice Sunday summer evening and watch television. I always record the races and watch after sundown, and the house is quiet and I won't be intrrupted.

I'm with Jesse. Give them the full 75 minutes and up the quality.

Agree with others-I never watch live as I would prefer to record and be able to skip commercials. I do have the benefit of living in California so I can watch my recorded show way earlier than those on the east coast. Other disadvantage as mentioned above is the short turnaround puts too much stress on all teams, especially the smaller ones. NHRA indicated that the primary reason for the new draconian oildown rules is the live shows. If so, I would prefer more reasonable oildown rules and no live shows.

I would like to watch espn3 qualifing but I can't get it and thats the case for lot of race fans I know. I would bet to say that is why espn has dropped it because of the amount of viewers. From what little experience I've had with streaming the internet it turns out to be very expensive. JMO.

Last few years has been ESPN3 on Friday and Sunday... along with the results page on NHRA...

worst case... I can wait for Nat.Digger to get here... Thank You Kat & Mouse for that.

d'kid

I would like to watch espn3 qualifing but I can't get it and thats the case for lot of race fans I know. I would bet to say that is why espn has dropped it because of the amount of viewers. From what little experience I've had with streaming the internet it turns out to be very expensive. JMO.

ESPN3 is part of the cable package/internet/Com Gear Pkg. Kat and the kids do....
Sooooooo, I just shut up and don't mitch about it......

Sooner or later, if the sport is to progress into the future of media- acceptable professional sports, its going to have to figure out how to make the day shorter. A good broadcast producer will, and for the most part does, put together the Pro categories into a compact 2.5 hour show- a bit less than your average stick and ball game. THIS is what a network is looking for to bring drag racing live. A morning of two rounds that are edited into filler between the semis and final round, made to be interesting, and hopefully not full of issues with weather, oil or accidents.

Making Sunday a Pro show at the track, with 2-3 track-selected classes running as "filler" (no offence meant) and the between round banter not being about just one team- BUT focusing on teams that do "good television" (there are a few teams that do not deserve to have a mic put in front of them) as the pit chat will make for a great 2 to 2 1/2 hour live show.

I have a bunch of old Diamond P recordings on VHS if ESPN and Glendora are looking for examples of how live was done right....

I dont mind it not being live. When there is a delay sometimes they fill it with stuff that is a bit repetitive.I llike when Mike Dunn does his segments about car parts and the tech side of stuff. Everyone likes the know how stuff works and if there was a website about nitro cars i would love to hear about it. I do wish they would bring back NHRA race day. It was good.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back