Confrontational or just opinionated? (1 Viewer)

LOL, I'm not the only one who's typed something, then thought "This is getting ridiculous" and deleted it?

No, you aren't the only one.

One, is "Am I rising to somebody else's bait?" (Is this person worth my time?)
Two "Am I typing this because I'm angry?"---("Say something when you are angry and you'll give the greatest speech you'll ever regret.")
Three, "Do I have time to persue this if it gets heated? (Is it worth that much of my time, emotion and effort to debate it further?")
Four "Would I like an announcer, or the media repeating what I've said?" (Might not seem like a big deal, but it's something they teach you in ethics, "Never do anything that you can't defend when it comes up in the Metro section of the ABQ journal")

Last edited:
Let me sort of edit one thing I said above. I'm not naive. It's not that I trust everyone until they give me a reason not to. It's that I TREAT them like they have good intentions until they prove otherwise. There's a difference.

What did Ronald Reagan say? Trust but verify? A good friend of mine makes his living as a private investigator based on the same thing. A judge's wife hired him, and he paid a prostitute to approach the judge, then he followed them both to the Bahamas, taking pics along the way.

Just like I've said on this board and in other places more than once. Mistrust and suspect all you want. Don't say it about someone's good name until you 100% know it, though.

Over the months here at Nitromater many have read my views on things in the lounge and over at the NHRA section.

However, one thing I have noticed is that my opinions go unreplied... or I get jumped on. Case in point.. the Paris Hilton thread. I basically say she's a butt ugly no-talent b*tch and what happens? You guessed it, I get jumped on.

My take on why I get jumped on for my personal views (happens on more messege boards outside of here as well) as that 1) I say what others only think, but are too afraid to say it. Or that 2) I just have very strong opinions on things and people are just like "I can't believe you just said that!" Some people say that my 3) delivery of what I say comes off as very confrontational but I think that all goes back to #1.

(those include things said on other boards as well)

Sam,

Well you certainly got some responses to this thread you started. And they aren't all bashing types either. I'm not going to re-hash what has already been said, and most of the responses have been right-on. I guess what gets you into trouble is using a drag racing forum like your own blog. Yeah, I know the Lounge is for just about anything on your mind, and therefore it can be used that way, but you have to be prepared for any type of response you get when you throw stuff out there. Yes, you speak your mind, and you are probably correct that it is exactly what some people are thinking but won't say in public, but for good reason. It is amazingly easy to offend the population at large. I don't like the term "politically correct" anymore than you or anyone else probably, but there is a thing called comman sense or tact which just involves thinking before saying or doing something you might regret. It is very hard to take back something said and that is a lesson that you really don't want to learn the hard way, depending on the cost. What I am speaking about is relationships with friends or loved ones.

Since you stated that you get similar responses or treatment no matter what internet forum you are posting on, I guess the answer to that has already been provided, "it's all in the delivery". Nuff said.

Sam,

In my opinion...say whatever you want to say and say it like you think...Asking for advice will get you answers that others want to hear...meaning they want you to think like them, me, us, etc...
Continue being yourself and unless your insecure about your thoughts, type, speak away...
And to the individuals that get upset w/ someone else's post and would like to 'throttle' them....that is weak...There is nothing anyone in life could say about me or to me, or dis-agree w/ me that would make me resort to violence...

There's been some people on here who I'd LOVE to meet face to face, just because I'm convinced that they don't have the balls to say then what they've said while hiding behind a keyboard.

Must be you without the stones there tough guy.....
You avoided me when I was in London and now you avoid me in E-town...:D :D

By the way, I hope to be able to come help pack you chute sometime this summer when you run the spastic plastic....

Sam,

In my opinion...say whatever you want to say and say it like you think...Asking for advice will get you answers that others want to hear...meaning they want you to think like them, me, us, etc...
Continue being yourself and unless your insecure about your thoughts, type, speak away...
And to the individuals that get upset w/ someone else's post and would like to 'throttle' them....that is weak...There is nothing anyone in life could say about me or to me, or dis-agree w/ me that would make me resort to violence...

Thanks for the laugh!

Must be you without the stones there tough guy.....
You avoided me when I was in London and now you avoid me in E-town...:D :D

By the way, I hope to be able to come help pack you chute sometime this summer when you run the spastic plastic....

LOL, just patiently waiting for you to be able to come down for the Bristol race. I know it's sucked and I don't even rub it in anymore. Also sucks that my cabinets have been going strictly northeast again. We shouldn't be too far away on the latter. Just found a KB Olds that I may be able to trade/sell my Rodeck up for, getting rid of my uncross-bolted weak link before we even start.

LOL, you know? I wouldn't even want to start anything physical with anyone. Like I said, I just don't think they have the guts to look you in the eye and say what they do here. I spend more time than I wish I had to having to stand up to people, so it's no big deal to me. I never have to do anything, but you have to have the attitude that you're always ready to in this biz.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back