Have You Seen This? (1 Viewer)

That is Great... Now if we can get local 'Air Play' say, two weeks leading up to an event, within, oh, about 150 miles of the track....

d'kid

Wow that was really cool. :cool:
Too bad it won't fit in a tv commercial.

btw, that Abbey Tubbs is a hot chick. :cool:

This videos awesome!

Side note however, on Schumachers 324mph pass his ET read 3.32 (at the 2:07 mark in the video). Obviously a malfunction but what race did this happen at? Dont remember seeing that.

Im not sure what im happier about, the fact that they use metal instead the krista marie rubbish or that they are making some great viral videos.

I like it, but it needs more Vegas footage:D . There is enough there to make two or three promos, then as Carl said run the crap out of them before a race.

I liked it although I thought it odd to include Shoe's odd time 3.32??

Also I don't think WJ will be very happy :D

Not a metal guy but the music was good too

It's very well done, great pacing, production values, some nice shots, and I actually don't hate the music (surprising...). But, not to get all "Nitromater" on them, but:

1) One of NHRA's prominent public figures, Alan, says "Was cruising youtube and ran accross NHRA's new promo video. Hadn't seen it before...". Really? So they just slipped it on YouTube and just kinda hoped people would find it?

2) Yes, it's all Nitro. Gosh that's depressing. Really, that's all the show is? Probably 400 separate clips and they can't even bother to show a PS Car or a PS Bike in there?

3) They have time to talk about the food, show dozens of cute women and the frigging Geico clowns shooting a t-shirt into the crowd but not a single mention of the 300+ sportsman cars and drivers you can also see, meet, really talk to at length, maybe even become some day? Really?

It's great. I'm glad to see some life in NHRA's promotional department. I hope they'll redo the ads they run locally around events.

But really NHRA, it's all nitro all the time? Why do they even invite pro-stock or sportsmen to the damn events?

2) Yes, it's all Nitro. Gosh that's depressing. Really, that's all the show is? Probably 400 separate clips and they can't even bother to show a PS Car or a PS Bike in there?

3) They have time to talk about the food, show dozens of cute women and the frigging Geico clowns shooting a t-shirt into the crowd but not a single mention of the 300+ sportsman cars and drivers you can also see, meet, really talk to at length, maybe even become some day? Really?

But really NHRA, it's all nitro all the time? Why do they even invite pro-stock or sportsmen to the damn events?

Sorry I took out your positive notes on that quote, glad to see you liked it but...

NHRA national events are all about the nitro. If you took out the nitro, you would SIGNIFICANTLY reduce attendance. Take a look at the difference in attendance between a national event and a divisional event. I love drag racing, but if you took out the nitro, I would not go to Brainerd for three days every year.

This isn't meant to be a sportsman bash by any means, but if they could run nitro for 12 hours they would do it and the fans would love it. There is only a small fraction of the total fans (drag racing fans in general) at the event that stick around to watch the sportsman classes. I will end up watching sportsman all Friday morning to wet my appetite for the alcohol and nitro cars. After that, you'll find me in the pits when they are running. Although, some of those stock wheelstanders might have been a cool clip to throw in there.

If you are going to make a promo video, I would say its a good choice to showcase the nitro cars. I liked the video because I would say it was a pretty good choice of clips to attract new fans. They should have tried to find a way to get the sound and vibrations you feel during a run across, but that would be tough. I keep remembering that clip they showed once of a poweraid bottle shaking on the wall as a FC was doing a burnout.

If I were a "new" fan, the shot at 2:29 in might concern me a little if that's all I saw of it!

NHRA national events are all about the nitro. If you took out the nitro, you would SIGNIFICANTLY reduce attendance.

Who's talking about taking out the nitro? That's a silly perversion of what I was saying.

What I _am_ saying is they create a video showing what an amazing experience an NHRA national event is, they talk about how cool it is, how loud it is, etc. They talk about the manufacturer's midway, the pit pass, the food for christ's sake (which will kill you...). They show flashes of dozens of ladies, they show overhead pictures of all the tents/trailers/etc, they even show the frigging t-shirt a-holes who drive everyone nuts. But they neglect to point out the vast majority of the cars and participants on the property?

Look, I'm not asking anyone to stay in the stands while the Super Comp cars run, what I'm saying is there are reasons why NHRA invites all the pro-stock and sportsman people to the event. They're time fillers between pro rounds, yes. But they're also important space fillers who turn what would be a 32 car traveling curiosity into a huge spectacle of 10 times that many cool cars. It makes what would be two rows of elite semi-trailers loaded with cubic dollars into a huge car show where everyone can imagine being a part of it. You can see the progression from the guy in his car that's just a daily driver with slicks to the wheel-standing 69 Nova in Comp to the alcohol cars to the nitro cars. You can see real people with a pickup and trailer and get some idea how the Forces with their 6 semis and million-dollar motorhome got there.

One of the key things that separates NHRA drag racing from the circus or a big concert is that _you_ can participate. I can't imagine how one goes from their back yard to Ringling Brothers, but because of NHRA national events, we race today. We saw the cars at national events and went "hey, we could do that". The vast majority of people in the pits (at any event, national, divisional, or otherwise) are there for the same reason.

An NHRA National event IS a huge spectacle with hundreds of cars and drivers, with all kinds of sights, sounds, and smells. It's an amazing thing you just have to see to believe. But a huge reason why it is that is because of a lot more than the 32 or so people at the top of the sport. I just thought a promotional video (that spent almost 3 minutes and wasn't apparently constricted by time) might acknowledge that, even if only for a couple of brief flashes and maybe 1/2 a sentence out of Dave's mouth.

Chris,

NHRA has their own youtube section. I check in every week or so to catch the Full Throtte TV stuff and anything else I might have missed at the event. Even going to all the Nationals, I can't see everything so I try to keep in touch.

I don't work at the NHRA offices, I'm not in the video, and didn't know about it until I saw it. I thought it was cool so I posted the link. Something wrong with that?

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back