Thank you Papa Johns (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Tonight was Pizza Night and I thought it was pretty cool of Papa John's to sponsor Leah, so I ordered up a couple of pies and threw down the LEAH30 promo code. Bingo, 30% off and a couple of pretty good pizzas. Thank you Papa John's for supporting my sport and making available to us keyboard crew chiefs a pretty sweet deal.

Mark
M772

While I appreciate any company who has supported NHRA or a team and try to patronize them, you can do better just Googling "Papa John Coupons" .
A 40% off code will pop right up as 40PIZZA or 2 large for $8 a piece with P1TLG , etc. Yes they work , I`ve used them both within the month.

Yes I know , using the LEAH code tells Papa Johns their sponsorship is paying off with drag racing, but a deal is a deal.

To be honest, I've never had Papa John's, but I looked it up and there's one near my house so I'll be trying it out tonight. They'd better bring their A-game because our local pizza place is pretty awesome and it's going to take more than sponsoring a dragster to sway me.

PJ's a once a week meal at our house. We really appreciate their support of our sport, but I do agree its too bad that other codes regularly beat the Leah deal ... wish they would at least match the other deals they offer.

To be honest, I've never had Papa John's, but I looked it up and there's one near my house so I'll be trying it out tonight. They'd better bring their A-game because our local pizza place is pretty awesome and it's going to take more than sponsoring a dragster to sway me.

I'm going to be honest here: a national chain pizza place is not going to be anywhere near as good as a mom-and-pop establishment. You're looking at frozen trucked-in dough and ingredients (chain) Vs fresh made dough and locally-sourced ingredients (mom-and-pop). I will admit that Papa Johns is the best of the national chains but in my case when you have a mom-and-pop place less than 5 minutes away from your house, it's a no-brainer as to who I am going to take my money to.

What amazes me is people feeling the need to come on a relatively mainstream drag racing site and talk about why they don't choose the products and services of drag racing sponsors .... their economics teachers should be publicly shamed.

I agree! I'm happy for Leah landing the sponsorship but when it comes to food I go for the best and I'm sorry Papa Johns is basically like all the other chains!
Better pizza better ingredients well papa johns needs to visit Toto's pizzeria and learn what truly quality ingredients are and if he did those pizzas wouldn't be as cheap as they are guaranteed.

What amazes me is people feeling the need to come on a relatively mainstream drag racing site and talk about why they don't choose the products and services of drag racing sponsors .... their economics teachers should be publicly shamed.

I'm honest. Sorry, I'm not going to be a butt-kisser just because a chain pizza place sponsors a race car. :rolleyes: I even said that PJ's happens to be the best of the chains. I do like their veggie pies, I must admit....

I've been a member since this site started and Jarred created it so any topic came be discussed and you could just pass this thread if you don't like the topic instead of acting like your a moderator which you aren't!
Get over yourself or move on to another site!

I've been a member since this site started and Jarred created it so any topic came be discussed and you could just pass this thread if you don't like the topic instead of acting like your a moderator which you aren't!
What is up with this bull $hit? How about you get over your self.

Big friggin deal i was here at the start of the Mater also and i stayed at a Holiday Inn. A new sponsor comes along and sees ROI in our sport and you wont show support for them because it makes you an a$$ kisser? Thought you were a fan of our sport if you supported the sponsors! Bob you might look up the word hypocrite....just saying.

So, you are saying any topic can be discussed as long as you agree with it? If not, move along? That is not a discussion, that is an echo chamber.

You alright Bob? Seem kinda grumpy lately.

So, you are saying any topic can be discussed as long as you agree with it? If not, move along? That is not a discussion, that is an echo chamber.

You alright Bob? Seem kinda grumpy lately.

No not grumpy just don't like somebody trying to dictate what can and can't be discussed on a site that's for open discussion and if the moderators deem the thread needs to be moved then they and they alone will make their decision and using a $ign to pass the idiots that can't make their point without cussing shows their ignorance!
It's all good!

Big friggin deal i was here at the start of the Mater also and i stayed at a Holiday Inn. A new sponsor comes along and sees ROI in our sport and you wont show support for them because it makes you an a$$ kisser? Thought you were a fan of our sport if you supported the sponsors! Bob you might look up the word hypocrite....just saying.

I support the sport by paying for the tickets when I attend an event but just because a sponsor supports a particular driver is supporting that team not the sport itself.
Trust me they make a lot of money from entry fees and fan attendance, Allaccess, vendors etc.
But if you choose to support a particular team I don't have a problem with it just like some people who don't.
I don't consider someone supporting a team as a kisser but the NHRA gets a lot of money from event sponsors and previously mentioned.
I have a problem with someone trying to control the content that's what moderators are for!

There are a lot of products that I don't like that sponsors drag racing teams but I don't get on here and say I don't like them so I can see what you are getting at.
I guess if I can't say nothing nice, I don't say nothing at all.
Oh but if I do like them I will use them. I like Pappa John's pizza and I do use the Leah deal even if I can get a better discount from them to show my support of them supporting drag racing.

Jeez, is all this because I said I hoped Papa Johns pizza was as good as my local favorite? Take a deep breath and relax. I DO appreciate Papa Johns supporting my favorite sport. But the bottom line is, if their stuff is comparable, I'll buy it happily, but I'm not about to choke down something I don't like because they put their name on a multi-millionaire's race car. Competition is what used to make drag racing and America a wonderful place. But somehow competition is only ok if it benefits YOUR viewpoint. In drag racing, it's not about who's the best driver anymore, it's about who can be the face the sponsor wants. Who is articulate in front of the camera and can seamlessly spit out a string of sponsors and make it look natural. If showing support to a sponsor means I don't get the most for my buck, and I don't love the product then fine, hate on my opinion all you want. But I sponsor my family, not Papa Johns, not DSR, JFR or anyone else. I actually help support them by buying tickets, t-shirts and anything drag racing related. Just like Papa Johns has a choice on how to spend their money, so do I. Last time I checked there was only one name on my paycheck so I think I'll decide what pizza I like.

I agree, Try convincing a Budweiser drinker to switch to Miller Lite or Someone that swears by Amalie oil to switch to Castrol because of the name on the side of the car that the driver has as their sponsor. Pizza is no different, There are some that swear by the local Italian pizza shop or Pizza Hut over Papa Johns. It doesn't mean that you hate them is just a matter of preference and satisfaction. Does that mean that if FRESCA decided to sponsor a team that I am required to ditch 7-up?

65559334.jpg

No one has to like sponsors.

And also while we're talking shit, right before Frightliner had their big to do event with John Force and Matt Hagan appreciating hard work, they fired/laid off a ton of people in North Carolina because of economics.

Yet they had money to sponsor cars.

It does not make sense.

As soon as Pizza Nine moved into our village, Papa John's left. Which does make sense because they were horrible and ran themselves out of business. Years later Pizza Nine is still going strong. And we have quite a few other pizza places doing quite well.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1487648290375.jpg
    FB_IMG_1487648290375.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 22
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back