Thank you Papa Johns (1 Viewer)

And also while we're talking shit, right before Frightliner had their big to do event with John Force and Matt Hagan appreciating hard work, they fired/laid off a ton of people in North Carolina because of economics.

Yet they had money to sponsor cars.

It does not make sense.

Your Freightliner rant pales in comparison with the country $19,900,037,472,787 in debt and the Army giving away money to DSR. Private corps actually crunch numbers to find out where money is spent to benefit themselves. Throw that logic out with any decision coming out of Washington.

Last edited:
No one has to like sponsors.

And also while we're talking shit, right before Frightliner had their big to do event with John Force and Matt Hagan appreciating hard work, they fired/laid off a ton of people in North Carolina because of economics.

It does not make sense.
Sounds like Progressive Insurance coming up with $58 million for stadium naming rights in Cleveland while they were laying off staff. True Indians fans still refer to the stadium as The Jake (Jacobs Field) and not Progressive.

I wasn't trying to be a moderator nor trying to kiss ass, just giving my point of view and thinking people would have more of a grasp on cause and effect .... I've been off making money for my racing operation and making sure several vendors got me products needed to start testing in just over a week .... probably better served doing that than listening to some people make it tougher for those who do this on the back of sponsors .... who only do it if there is ROI (allowing them to hire/retain more employees).

Fun times.

Thanks again to Papa John's for seeing value in drag racing and in Leah. It is a real good deal for drag racing when a non-automotive sponsor finds value here. As for the found a $5 bill and is angry its not a $20 crowd, none of us can help you.

I doubt Papa Johns is really concerned as much about NHRA as he is with visibility. Remember when McDonalds was on the midway from their sponsorship, overpriced and stripped down. With the exception of a few sponsors that really might care about NHRA or more likely the racers sponsored, the current market can be a steal but still not as good as other venues. Longevity as a sponsor is probably a better gauge of how much they care about drag racing, lets see how long it lasts.

just my 2 cents

Bob

No one has to like sponsors.

And also while we're talking $hit, right before Frightliner had their big to do event with John Force and Matt Hagan appreciating hard work, they fired/laid off a ton of people in North Carolina because of economics.

It does not make sense.

As soon as Pizza Nine moved into our village, Papa John's left. Which does make sense because they were horrible and ran themselves out of business. Years later Pizza Nine is still going strong. And we have quite a few other pizza places doing quite well.
Fixed it, you forgot your $ign!

I doubt Papa Johns is really concerned as much about NHRA as he is with visibility. Remember when McDonalds was on the midway from their sponsorship, overpriced and stripped down. With the exception of a few sponsors that really might care about NHRA or more likely the racers sponsored, the current market can be a steal but still not as good as other venues. Longevity as a sponsor is probably a better gauge of how much they care about drag racing, lets see how long it lasts.

just my 2 cents

Bob

Of course, that's why they have the Leah promo code so they can see how far they are reaching in the marketplace.

Your Freightliner rant pales in comparison with the country $19,900,037,472,787 in debt and the Army giving away money to DSR. Private corps actually crunch numbers to find out where money is spent to benefit themselves. Throw that logic out with any decision coming out of Washington.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...contract-extension-don-schumacher-racing-2013
Here the dude says it's a good investment.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna.../8573341/national-guard-paying-nfl-teams-jets
This is quite an article that has stuck with me.

I do agree with your statement, however the deficit is quite falsified.

In Albuquerque there is a federal building which houses the VA, National Forestry, etc, mostly all accountant types as well as a post office and court, etc.

The VA and forestry division have to pay rent to the federal government to use that building. Who owns the building? The Federal Government.
So knowing that you would have to understand that the deficit is quite fancied up to throw off would be beggers of other countries and to enforce that we are a weak economy so we can get help from like China.
Plus when another country decides to amp up with violence we can surprise attack them with our strong force field that is invisible behind our fraudulent mask of weakness and poor choices...
(Let's not bring the current president into this)

Anyways. I do think that it is ridiculous that our military should have to pay such high prices. I think that our military should be honored in public places for free
I think they should ask the military if they would like to participate.

I'm a military brat and have been to many military functions with sponsors; so to see the other side it's quite surprising to me, personally.

Anyhow, talking about money is like checking to see whose panty skid marks are deeper. No one really wants anyone to see theirs.

Just FYI, I tried Papa Johns this weekend and it was VERY good pizza. Plus it was affordable and service was good. Kinda bummed me out they didn't have any mention of NHRA, Leah or anything, but give them time. I'll be back for sure. Thanks Papa Johns for supporting drag racing and not sucking at pizza.

I can't believe people are still griping about the pizza. Can I get a better pizza? Absolutely. But do I order Papa Johns? Yes. Because of the many locations, value, and the fact that PAPA JOHN IS SUPPORTING OUR SPORT. I'm about 15 miles from what is one of the best pizza/ breweries on the planet (as far as I can tell) and I love going there, but they don't put one dime into drag racing. Could PJ make a pizza that rivals it? I don't know, but that's not their business model. Papa Johns doesn't even claim to make the BEST pizza..... just better than average mass market pizza. And they succeed at making consistently good pizza at a reasonable price. Did I mention they support drag racing?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back