Grubnic out, Todd in. (1 Viewer)

Chris Wilt, you should have seen it. He was irate. No joke. He was sitting on the golf cart and clearly I seen him mouth: "That SON OF A B*tch!!".

Connie has always had a temper and he showed it with this latest move. Bob V said that JR is signed with him and intends to put him in the car and claimed this is his last year so I don't think JR is going to be the permanent future of Connie's ride.
I hope he clams down and does the right thing!

Vandy sounded to me like he had a little desperation in his voice. I think we all know, that if Connie really wants JR, he'll get JR.

I was uite surprised to hear that this is 99% chance bv last year driving. If so Good for JR ,connie should call dixon and he could bring velocity over there for the rest of the year maybe???

I was uite surprised to hear that this is 99% chance bv last year driving. If so Good for JR ,connie should call dixon and he could bring velocity over there for the rest of the year maybe???
My guess is that if Conrad was interested in obtaining Dixon's driving skills, he would have done so at the time...

Chris Wilt, you should have seen it. He was irate. No joke. He was sitting on the golf cart and clearly I seen him mouth: "That SON OF A B*tch!!".

I just watched on Youtube. You think Connie was explaining to the driver of the cart 'Just hit the throttle and make the pass - don't three step and ruin everything'

That's money directly out of Connie's pocket. Playing with money is like playing with emotions.

It was a gem of a comment...but I think some folks angst with it is that it come from a young cocky kid. I get that...it's kinda like "you haven't paid enough dues to make a comment like that". Kind like you don't know what you don't know yet.

Anyway, I did find it interesting that Connie said in his statement that David has wanted to go to the tuning side for awhile....hopefully that will transpire.

Like him or hate him...if it is the bosses money....it's the bosses money...and if I was Connie and my "employee" did not do what he was supposed to (ala smack the gas and hold on) and it was costing me $X thousands per run, we had a plan and he opted to do his own thing...hell yeah...see ya. It's a business yes, and business is business, but racing is a whole lot "different" business than most.

Of course when it happened allowed this thing to blow up, but my guess is Grubs will go to the tuning side or R & D for Kalitta and someone with credentials moves into the seat. I would love it to be JR. Being from the Indiana, Ky, Ohio area...JR is pretty known and you could not ask for a more well rounded, well spoken, well mannered guy. He has been that since his days in a junior. Just not sure what that contract with BVG is all about. Guess we are going to find out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back