Grubnic out, Todd in. (1 Viewer)

So now the question is, what happens next year and beyond for the Kalitta "test car?"

For BVR, they get their future driver seat time in a car and not have to flip the bill for 2014 and in the meantime, save fundage for their one car. Or start the process of developing their future second part-time driver Bob mentioned about in 2015. Seems like a winner for them.

JR gets more seat time and runs for a championship in 2014. Seems like a win for him.

Kalitta gets a solid driver in JR and has time to look for a future replacement driver starting in 2015 and beyond. Seems like a win for them too.

So now the question is, what happens next year and beyond for the Kalitta "test car?"

For BVR, they get their future driver seat time in a car and not have to flip the bill for 2014 and in the meantime, save fundage for their one car. Or start the process of developing their future second part-time driver Bob mentioned about in 2015. Seems like a winner for them.

JR gets more seat time and runs for a championship in 2014. Seems like a win for him.

Kalitta gets a solid driver in JR and has time to look for a future replacement driver starting in 2015 and beyond. Seems like a win for them too.
I don't think its gonna work like that :] I think what I heard bob say was that JR was taking his seat soon. like in a few races. now kallitta's got him. doesn't look like he's gonna be with bob

grubby should have nothing to hang his head about; if it is true he was struggling lately, then it is also obviously true
that the car he drove was a perennial under performer and he did the best he could with it.....
dave stuck with their program and continually gave upbeat interviews; the man is cooler than beer :cool:

Agreed, Mike. Truth be told, Dave brought a softer, approachable, fan-friendly atmosphere to Kalitta. Even back when the West Coast Choppers deal happened, when it became envogue to be a Kalitta fan...I think David and even Hillary Will taught Connie, Scott and Doug and thier team staff alot about that side of the business. So in that respect alone, they're very smart for keeping him on payroll; and, it's good to hear that it wasn't a raunchy, nasty ending to a great relationship.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back