Grubnic out, Todd in. (1 Viewer)

whats wrong with what he said?? you beat a good driver and you earn the right to talk. and this isn't torrences first race . hes been around a little. so in my mind hes earned it

Torrence is doing nothing to increase his popularity. He comes off more and more as a spoiled, rich, smartass brat. And I kinda liked him at first
As you can see I said nothing about how many races he's been in. My comment speaks for it self.

grub has had a good run, maybe it's time to turn the page and this was the only way it was going to happen;
sucks short term, mite be great long term.
i like steve torrence....he wants to win badly and it shows by his mannerisms, comments and ability to delegate.
he's a sharp operator for his age; his folks taught him well......he is the polar opposite of some of these drivers

I don't see Vandergriff as having any desperation. I mean, if he chooses to hang up the firesuit, as good as JR is, if he left BVR, there will never be any shortage of available, capable drivers wanting a shot. As for Torrence, I like him, and his dad. I think they're a great addition to the class.

Kalitta Motorsports just confirmed J.R. in the seat for the rest of the season.... Congrats, kiddo!

Grubby to stay on board as tuner... Good news for all.

don't let the 2-step disguise the play made successfully for todd......starting to wonder if BVR's
2nd TF'r w/todd driving was scheduled for concord? probably was for houston?.....starting at gainesville
i think i read todd would drive 10 races for BVR in 2014?.......hope bob v. names a new driver
for his program soon, someone who will make a fine replacement for him if he steps out of cockpit after 2014.

don't let the 2-step disguise the play made successfully for todd......starting to wonder if BVR's
2nd TF'r w/todd driving was scheduled for concord? probably was for houston?.....starting at gainesville
i think i read todd would drive 10 races for BVR in 2014?.......hope bob v. names a new driver
for his program soon, someone who will make a fine replacement for him if he steps out of cockpit after 2014.
Yes on Concord and Houston and it was for roughly 10 races. My money is on Dixon.

You know, if someone as talented as JR is sitting home watching television on a Friday night of a national event, AND is under contract by another team on a part time basis, I can only hope there was one hell of a retainer involved for his services...

Seems like wasting marketable talent is the biggest, most non-discussed issue that Drag Racing might actually have...

well there you have it....grubby wanted out of driving....bob wants larry.....todd gets shuffled.
i can see the larry/bvr deal in a second; IMO larry desperately wants to own, but after a while you have to
evaluate the options.

I'm definitely interested to hear Vandergriff's response on this based on his comments to the G-Man in Vegas that the plan was to build his team for the long-term around JR. I saw on Facebook that Tommy Delago asked JR yesterday if he had a contract with BVR, and JR told Tommy that he did not, which is contradictory to what Bob said in Vegas.

well there you have it....grubby wanted out of driving....

Not saying you're wrong Mike....but I have yet to hear Grubby's side of all of this. So far I've read that Connie and Jim Oberhofer wanted to go in a "different direction" (I can't stand that phrase). But, what about Grubnic, did he really want to go in a "different direction" also? It seems the team went through an awful lot of trouble to switch drivers mid race.

Not saying you're wrong Mike....but I have yet to hear Grubby's side of all of this. So far I've read that Connie and Jim Oberhofer wanted to go in a "different direction" (I can't stand that phrase). But, what about Grubnic, did he really want to go in a "different direction" also? It seems the team went through an awful lot of trouble to switch drivers mid race.

Unfortunately Phillip, I don't think we will ever hear the complete truth on that one. When Grubby chooses to do an interview, I'm sure that he's going to brush lightly over the issues, espcially since he still has a job with Connie! The only way we would possibly hear it all is if Grubby got driving job with another team, which I just don't see happening at this point in his career.

Regardless if it was his decision or not, I do think Grubby will eventually make a great crew chief! It will be interesting to see how big of a role his "Technical Advisor" duties play.

totallly agree phillip.....i don't pretend to know anything; it's just the perfect mater thread to speculate without
throwing negative comments around :D
i agree, switching drivers mid-race seems a bit unorthodox.
doesn't get much more ambiguous than 'technical advisor'

maybe Dixon could take the money he has for a partial season and add it to what BVR has and compete the rest of the entire season.. that would be good for both!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back