Grubnic Optimizes Positive Outlook Heading Into Pomona (1 Viewer)

POMONA, Calif. (Feb. 12, 2013) - Native Australian David Grubnic, a 50-year old resident of Bozeman, Mont., is back behind the wheel of the Optima Batteries Top Fuel Dragster for Kalitta Motorsports this season. The 2013 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series begins this weekend with the 53rd annual running of the famed Winternationals in Pomona, Calif.

Grubnic is an 18-year Top Fuel veteran and earned his first career Top Fuel victory in Topeka in 2005, becoming the first racer born outside North America to win an NHRA Top Fuel event. Grubnic, known affectionately by his peers and fans as “Grubby,” is coming off another great NHRA season. He picked up his third career victory at Topeka early in the season and combined the win with semi-final finishes at Norwalk, Seattle and St. Louis to give him another Countdown to the Championship placement and another season in the top ten in the final standings. Grubnic’s 16 round wins were his highest in six seasons, combine that with him returning to a team with the legendary Connie Kalitta at the crew chief helm, Grubnic is excited for the beginning of the NHRA season.

“First off let me say how excited I am to be starting my tenth year with Connie and Kalitta Motorsports,” said Grubnic. “I’m also excited to be partnered up again with all the great people at Optima Batteries and Candlewood Suites. After a great pre-season test session which further capitalized on our record setting performance from last season, we are all anxious to get on the track at the season opener in Pomona. We look forward to seeing you all at the races this season.”

Grubnic’s Optima Batteries Top Fuel Dragster will take to the track for the first time in the 2013 Mello Yello season at 3 p.m. on Valentine’s Day. After his run Grubby, along with his Kalitta Motorsports teammates Alexis DeJoria, Doug Kalitta and Del Worsham will be doing a Tequila Patron bottle signing and autograph session at the Finish Line Bar & Grill onsite at the Auto Club Raceway of Pomona following the nitro qualifying. If you are planning on attending the Winternationals, please make plans to attend this great meet and greet opportunity.

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back