Green Mamba Found (1 Viewer)

squid

Nitro Member
From Fox13 News In Tampa
dragster at Tampa auto body shop

Last Edited: Wednesday, 29 Nov 2006, 6:42 AM EST
Created: Wednesday, 29 Nov 2006, 5:32 AM EST

Police found parts of the car at an auto body shop in Drew Park. We've got you covered

Related Items
Stories
Rare jet car stolen

TAMPA – Parts of a classic 1960’s dragster have been found in a Tampa auto body shop.

Earlier this month, someone stole the car, deemed the ‘Green Mamba’, from its owner, Doug Rose. He says the car was his pride and joy, and he was devastated.

"We first ran it July ‘68," he recalled.

In the 60's and 70's, Rose and his Mamba set the standard for racing. He and the car collected 11 national championships—and the Green Mamba became a legend.

"It's about 7000 horsepower and it's been in a lot of magazines and every state in the U.S.," said Rose.

While police did find parts of the car late Tuesday, they’re still looking for the person who runs the auto body shop, which is located in the Drew Park area.

Rose is glad investigators have found pieces of the racer, but it’s not the news he was hoping for. Now, it looks like it will take him at least a couple of months to put the car back together.

“Basically we’ll have to rewire the whole thing because they butchered everything,” he said. “These guys are low rent people who don’t care about other people’s things, and they just tore it all apart hoping they could make some profit somewhere.”

Rose says they can’t find the engine, but it shouldn’t be too hard to spot because it’s so large.

He kept his prize in a white trailer, and he thinks the thieves wanted the trailer without realizing what was inside.

Hopefully someone has found the thief and started disassembling him!

A$$HOLES!

I say chain the bastard(s) to a tree and test out the afterburner on them! :mad:

I always liked watching the Green Mamba run and it made me sick to hear somebody had stolen it. I'm glad he's got it back and I hope he recovers the rest of the parts and gets it back together soon.

LMAO. Your not right. I was watching the news down When They Said they found the car here in Tampa.Give yourself up Kelly

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back