Goodguys bailing on racing? (1 Viewer)

Most Nostalgia racers have jobs and dont race everyweek. A series of races have been tried before and failed because most of these racers cant take a ton of time off work.

Bob, how did the Good-Guys stop a track from hosting a Nostalgia race?

Good guys announces it's OUT of nostalgia drag racing.....unless......
read
www.good-guys.com
click the "announcement" in the upper right corner

This sux, but we can put things together I hope.

I know Blake and I know Marc and I can only hope that the two teams can come to some kind of agreement that would keep all of them in the game. I know that GGs tries it's darnedest to keep everyone on happy and that usually results in someone walking away with hurt feelings. I firmly believe that without the Goodguys to put the show into tracks, knowing they aren't even going to break even the retro racing game is going to become very difficult. Most don't know how to promote and everyone has a hard time surviving the kind of year that Mother Nature threw at the Nostalgia racers.

Please guys. Let's put something together that benefits both the Goodguys and Famoso.

The problem seems to be Mike that the only place the Goodguys can make a buck is Bakersfield. When you consider that the profits from those two events feed the entire rest of the series it becomes all that more important to them to have those rights. I have heard that the 50th Bakersfield is really a big deal to the senior Meadors and they really want to promote that deal and be a part of it.

Darryl, I understand that for the Good Guys but it doesnt stop anyone else from putting a race at another track.

Hung out with the owner of a local N/FC this afternoon, we're hopefull the F/C owners can get together and keep in touch. Optimistic the people in all the classes can stay positive and have good communication with tracks and all involved so organized racing can continue.

Darryl, I understand that for the Good Guys but it doesnt stop anyone else from putting a race at another track.

Not trying to knot your knickers Mike but who else is going to step up with the money, the organization, the wortkers and the money to do this thing? If there's another group that cares as much, spends as much and works harder than the Goodguys to put on a show I'd like to know who's stepping up with the money to get coverage of these events. I DON'T WORK FOR FREE...JUST LIKE YOU!!!:p :p :eek: :rolleyes:

Darryl, I'm not the one who said that someone else could promote a race. The Good-Guys did something that no one else wanted to do and made it work. I'm very thankful for their races and a chance to announce a very fun group of racers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back