The End Nitro Drag Racing????? (1 Viewer)

I am hoping that SOMEBODY in Glendora is talking , VERY FORCEFULLY, to their Official Fuel Sponsor to tell them to knock that crap off...

Bringing Homeland security into what sounds like a conflict between businesses is absolutely uncalled for, and Angus should be ashamed of themselves.. :mad:

Did anyone else get a chill down their spine after reading that story....I sure did. Politics and good old fashioned run the other guy out of business sure is in full swing here. I have the confidence that Evan and Don are not going to be pushed out so easily. This is one to watch.

If that happens then someone will probably start making it specifically for drag racing . Nitromethane is CH3NO2 ,CH3 = propane and NO2 = Nitrogen dioxide , it shouldnt be that hard to make.

Last edited:
If that happens then someone will probably start making it specifically for drag racing . Nitromethane is CH3NO2 ,CH3 = propane and NO2 = carbon dioxide , it shouldnt be that hard to make.

I certainly don't want to be around if it turns out to be hard to make! :D

I can see the shirts now "I mix nitromethane...if you see me running, try and keep up!"

Last edited:
Im not saying make at home in the shed thats asking for trouble ,but if you set up a controled enviroment it could probably be made.

they had better not ban nitro , my dream relies on nitro . I want to oneday own , tune , and drive a nitro funny car and I wont let anything stop me . Im sure that wont let nitro be banned , the nitro classes are far too important. I noticed Don Schumachers name mentioned in the article hopfully in comes online soon id love to hear what he has to say about this.

Sounds like Angus is trying to force out the competition anyway it can. I see this as nothing more than bullying and I hope Schuemacher and Knoll clean their clocks over this boneheaded move.

Sounds like Angus is trying to force out the competition anyway it can. I see this as nothing more than bullying and I hope Schuemacher and Knoll clean their clocks over this boneheaded move.

Well said! I'm sure a lot of Maters would love to see NHRA eat a huge helping of crow when the Official Nitro Supplier is announced for 2007 - :D

What a bunch of crap. Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly.

I'm pretty confident nitro drag racing isn't going anywhere ;)

Do the math!

Let's assume that an average of 22 Funny Cars and Top Fuelers show up at each event and average 6 runs per event qualifying and racing (which is probably high). If every car burns a reported 15 gallons of nitro per pass,
the TOTAL consumption of nitromethane for the entire Powerade tour would be about 90,000 gallons. If my source is correct, this is less than 20% of the amount that one NHRA potential Official Supplier has on hand.
We're back to another situation with a few people with huge money and huge egos that are going to have a major effect on fuel racing.
It's gonna be interesting to see how the NHRA suits deal with this attempt at extortion! As always . . . JMHO

Is Angus the Only U.S. Supplier of Nitro? It does sound like Sourgrapes over Competition, time to call the Wambulance!:confused:

What about all that damned chineese Nitro that's out there. This is where NHRA's exclusive deals get them into hot water!

I don't know who sold it but it was at the motorplex in texas. He bought two drums.

According to the court transcripts it was three drums of Angus sold by VP at Houston raceway park in Oct 20/21 of 94.
Tim Chambers was the salesman and showed the receipt in court. He also bought a siphon pump to transfer the fuel.

I find it curious that they didn't get out of the racing fuel business back then after they were made aware that they fueled the Oklahoma tragedy and killed hundreds. Only now 12 years later after they discover they have business competition.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back