The End Nitro Drag Racing????? (1 Viewer)

Thanks Bobby... went back a page and caught that miss... Hence, why I deleted the post..

I have been hearing that vp this vp that the truth is that vp is a great race fuel company and Stever Burns and "UNKLE" Wade Gray are very close friends of mine and there caught in the middle of this also. VP started back in 1975 I recal and I am proud and glad of what they have done for the WHOLE MOTORSPORTS across the USA and abroad. This company is a great company to deal with and have some of the best looking equipment out there along with a great sales group and the QC is GREAT!! I tell ya what if it was not for VP now in the NHRA how would you get your spec fuel? Keep in mind that Sunoco does not have all the different fuels so who does? VP and Torco race fuels do. The fact is I am not interstead in doing NHRA events about 70 a year with divisions and nationals etc.Thats there BBQ I do IHRA and sell to alot of NHRA racers that use our products and I thank them for using Torco race fuel products but please keep in mind they are one hell of a good company and that is there bread and butter.Thanks Evan.

I thought evey team had to nominate 1 team member to be the contact with the suppliers of nitro at the races, and that the team member that was nominated as the contact had to go through some FBI screening or homeland security training thing? If that is the case, what's the problem with tracking the sales of every last drop of nitro in the pits? Barrel # X was sold to team Y via team member Z. Seems pretty simple to me, so that's probably why it won't work. :eek:

The " Class" was the brain child of VP & NHRA , One team member was designated as the fuel handler by each team. The Class is similar to a drivers meeting, these are the proper ways to handle transport, these are the rules as far as how to transport etc.
VP has to have a fuel contact at each team, this helps their books, their sales records, and if theres a problem, 1 person to go to.

I remember someone telling me that Nitro was used in the dry cleaning industry. Whether this is true or no I don't know.

Paul, you wanna hear something that will blast your pants.
Its also a medicinal chemical for items like nitroglycerin tablets for heart patients, ( just think what it does standing behind a tune) and some of the large make up comanies like Max Factor and others use it manufacturing MAKE UP!:eek:

** Now you know why our women can get explosive sometimes** :D

The fact is I am not interstead in doing NHRA events about 70 a year with divisions and nationals etc.Thats there BBQ I do IHRA and sell to alot of NHRA racers that use our products and I thank them for using Torco race fuel products but please keep in mind they are one hell of a good company and that is there bread and butter.Thanks Evan.

Evan, I love ya even though I never met ya, and the modern drag racing landscape would have a far different look without your unbelievable support. Just for bringing Scotty Cannon back you will forever have my gratitude (as long as he makes it to Vegas at least once).

BUT (and there is always a but) I have to be respectfully confused by your assertion that you "have no interest in doing NHRA events". You have no interest in more than doubling your annual sales of a niche product? Or are you saying that you would let Don Schumacher be the figurehead on the NHRA side? If "not doing NHRA events" is really your business plan, why spend the megabucks to sponsor all of those teams on the NHRA side? My assumption (and we all know what happens when you assume) was that you were sponsoring all of the teams and a national event on the NHRA side to position yourself to be a fuel supplier when VP's contract runs out, or in the event like we have with Angus, when a possible Nitro supply could be in doubt.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, and you certainly owe me no explanations on your business dealings, I just found your statement odd and confusing.

Thanks for all you do Evan.

ProNitro is and was a needed entity. It brought alot of Value to the race tracks across the US and Canada. The Value was to the racers.
We did everything, to make it good for the racers.
For the last 3 years Prices stayed low.
It was that in a nutshell.

Throughout the ranks, at any Nostalgia race, any exhibition Altereds Race, From Canada in Nitro Harleys to Florida in Nostalgia Funny cars, to Vegas for Pro Testing, our network is there.
ProNitro through our relations with Others concerned about Racing Fuels is there for the Racer! We Provide the Highest Grade, Clean, Powerful, Safe Nitromethane at a good price to the racers.

Racing is a business, Being part of responsible Drag Racing is just good Business!

We Let our Fuel speak for us. * and that says volumes!!

ProNitro is and was a needed entity. It brought alot of Value to the race tracks across the US and Canada. The Value was to the racers.
We did everything, to make it good for the racers.
For the last 3 years Prices stayed low.
It was that in a nutshell.

Throughout the ranks, at any Nostalgia race, any exhibition Altereds Race, From Canada in Nitro Harleys to Florida in Nostalgia Funny cars, to Vegas for Pro Testing, our network is there.
ProNitro through our relations with Others concerned about Racing Fuels is there for the Racer! We Provide the Highest Grade, Clean, Powerful, Safe Nitromethane at a good price to the racers.

Racing is a business, Being part of responsible Drag Racing is just good Business!

We Let our Fuel speak for us. * and that says volumes!!
Pete, your text is so small I can hardly read it.

Evan, I love ya even though I never met ya, and the modern drag racing landscape would have a far different look without your unbelievable support. Just for bringing Scotty Cannon back you will forever have my gratitude (as long as he makes it to Vegas at least once).

BUT (and there is always a but) I have to be respectfully confused by your assertion that you "have no interest in doing NHRA events". You have no interest in more than doubling your annual sales of a niche product? Or are you saying that you would let Don Schumacher be the figurehead on the NHRA side? If "not doing NHRA events" is really your business plan, why spend the megabucks to sponsor all of those teams on the NHRA side? My assumption (and we all know what happens when you assume) was that you were sponsoring all of the teams and a national event on the NHRA side to position yourself to be a fuel supplier when VP's contract runs out, or in the event like we have with Angus, when a possible Nitro supply could be in doubt.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, and you certainly owe me no explanations on your business dealings, I just found your statement odd and confusing.

Thanks for all you do Evan.

Good point Chris, I thought that myself. Otherwise why are we seeing Torco and Skullgear on as many cars as we do? Evan I can't remember ever seeing a sponsor helping out nearly the Racers you do. At Indy I heard some person I didn't know say "My God Another Torco car?" I thought to myself "I'm glad he's spending it on the Racers!"

Regarding Angus getting out of the nitro business

Regarding Angus getting out of the nitro business as sales of nitro are connected to your country’s terrorism and national security. In the Oklahoma City bombing, McVeigh constructed an ANFO explosive device arranged in the back of a rented Ryder truck. The bomb consisted of about 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) of ammonium nitrate, an agricultural fertilizer, and NITROMETHANE, an explosive motor-racing fuel. If Angus does pull out of the nitro business, how will this affect European nitro racing?

This is the reply l received from Don Ewald who manages the Drag Racing, Fuel Dragsters, Funny Cars, Drag Boats, - We Did It For Love website.

Angus/Dow is bailing out but there is more than their lame "terrorism" reasoning. They simply can't compete with the price of Chinese nitro. Angus has to sell their fuel at a minimum of $850 a drum to make the profit they want. The Chinese fuel is going for $600 a drum and is as good, if not better, in quality. As for Europe, I would assume they are able to get the same Chinese nitro we get. If not, I'm sure it could be arranged.

THE only foreseeable disaster for us would be if Dow raises a red flag with Homeland Security and they ultimately ban importing of nitro from a foreign country.

No nitric acid is HNO3 Excuse my mistake though , It should say NO2 = Nitrogen Dioxide
Yeah, after my post I looked into it a little more and found NO2 being everything from what I stated to Nitrogen Dioxide as you said. I stand corrected. Either way, it helps make boom and loud noise in racing cars. Fun fun fun!:D

Paul, you wanna hear something that will blast your pants.
Its also a medicinal chemical for items like nitroglycerin tablets for heart patients, ( just think what it does standing behind a tune) and some of the large make up comanies like Max Factor and others use it manufacturing MAKE UP!:eek:

** Now you know why our women can get explosive sometimes** :D

I pulled chemical tankers for eight years and you'd be surprised at the poisons, corrosives and flammables I've seen go into pharmaceutical and vitamin plants. Take something that'll kill ya (such as flouride--why it cleans your teeth so well and why it's such a big deal to mix it correctly into water), cut it down and make it good for you.

I remember running with another tanker in the midwest years ago. Asked him what he had on. A load of cow's blood from a slaughter house. Asked him where he was going. Mabeline Cosmetics (for lipstick). Think about THAT the next time you want a big smooch! :D

Goodbye Cow Brain Lipstick

I pulled chemical tankers for eight years and you'd be surprised at the poisons, corrosives and flammables I've seen go into pharmaceutical and vitamin plants. Take something that'll kill ya (such as flouride--why it cleans your teeth so well and why it's such a big deal to mix it correctly into water), cut it down and make it good for you.

I remember running with another tanker in the midwest years ago. Asked him what he had on. A load of cow's blood from a slaughter house. Asked him where he was going. Mabeline Cosmetics (for lipstick). Think about THAT the next time you want a big smooch! :D
Only many years behind the rest of the industrialized world, the FDA announced today that it was banning the use of cattle blood in place of cow's milk for calves, the use of cattle blood and chicken crap for cow feed, and the use of cow brains and other various parts in cosmetics and dietary supplements. I'm sorry all you cow brain makeup lovers...you'll now have to find some other animal's grey matter to cover up those unsightly blemishes.

Don't worry though. The chickens and pigs don't lose out, as they still get to eat all the cow remains they ever wanted (or didn't want). And the cows don't lose out either, because they get to eat the chickens and the pigs. Wait a second! Isn't that basically feeding cows to cows? HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson called the rules "a giant step forward."

criticalviewer: Goodbye Cow Brain Lipstick

Last edited:
Robert you must have done the exact same Google search I did and hit the same page! Was trying to find out if Ron's tanker buddy was pulling his leg! Mad Cow Lipstick. what a concept.

Only many years behind the rest of the industrialized world, the FDA announced today that it was banning the use of cattle blood in place of cow's milk for calves, the use of cattle blood and chicken crap for cow feed, and the use of cow brains and other various parts in cosmetics and dietary supplements. I'm sorry all you cow brain makeup lovers...you'll now have to find some other animal's grey matter to cover up those unsightly blemishes.

Don't worry though. The chickens and pigs don't lose out, as they still get to eat all the cow remains they ever wanted (or didn't want). And the cows don't lose out either, because they get to eat the chickens and the pigs. Wait a second! Isn't that basically feeding cows to cows? HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson called the rules "a giant step forward."

criticalviewer: Goodbye Cow Brain Lipstick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back