Good Job, NHRA! (1 Viewer)

Its a step in the right direction.

I know last year when Norwalk was coming we saw ads for it on the TV and we weren't watching racing then. I was surprised given that we are several hours away but hitting the Detroit market was one reason that they said for moving from Columbus to Norwalk.

I would like to see a push on the national coverage as I think more and more locals would cover it then. Regardless this sounds great

Most often, it is the track that is doing the advertising.

A lot of it has to do with the local media also. Where I live, our local paper is the Bakersfield Californian. Just before the March Meet, there is practically nothing in their sports page but drag racing for a full week.

Jay

It also helps if the Sports Editors of the various media, happens to like Drag Racing.

If I remember correctly, the media gets some press releases (from NHRA and drivers) prior to an upcoming event, but that doesn't guarantee the papers will run any of it. In a hard sell area like the North East, it can sometimes be difficult to get the kind of coverage a national event deserves.

There are many ingredients involved in promoting a drag race.

Kudo to your area Jay, as well as St. Louis and all of the other markets that support drag racing.

I can summarize the Californian in two words Jay...Mike Griffin! If Mike wasn't such a huge fan I'm not sure where we would be. BTW, are you going to The Patch at the end of the month for The Heritage Series? TF and everything BUT Funny Car I believe.

Not sure. I am not much into the newstalgia top fuel.

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back