General spectators Vs the messegeboards. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
This not a bash of people who post on messegeboards like this one so I apologize if you think it is. Anyway, here is my puzzlement...

Whenever I talk to people at the track, or people who simply view the races on TV, I ask them about Whit Bazemore and 99% of the time they all have the same opinion - and it isn't pretty. Yet on all the messege boards I visit is seems like a big Whit praise left and right.

Same issue with Erica Enders - people at the track and TV viewers love her. Yet on the boards people love to bash her. Same with Angelle.

Why is this?

Whit has had more than his share of bashfests on here...same as Angelle & Erica..but there is just as much going the other way..you just remember the butt wads.

If the spectators would take the time to meet these drivers..they might be surprised.

Whit has had more than his share of bashfests on here...same as Angelle & Erica..but there is just as much going the other way..you just remember the butt wads.

If the spectators would take the time to meet these drivers..they might be surprised.

I couldn't have said it better, only if some people would take the time to meet the drivers and their opinions will change.

Look, I know my opinion of Whit is not as pretty or nicey-nice as other peoples opinion of him. I have been going to the drags for about 20 years now, so I feel my opinion is based on more than just 5 minutes of tv time. I will, however, repeat what I've said in the past that he got screwed royally and I hope another well funded and stable (*ahem ahem*Uncle Connie, are you listening?) team will pick him up as he's definately a terror behind the wheel. But I agree, people should see the racers live at a race and interact before making a judgement.

But I agree, people should see the racers live at a race and interact before making a judgement.

I have, and Whit was one of the few people that seemed "cold" and disintrested in what I had to say (and it was good).

EE is a super nice girl and always willing to talk to you.

If you assess Whit from his top-end interviews or snap-shot clips of his tantrums, as many do (I stand convicted of this much of the time) you could come away with the feeling he's got a chip on his shoulder or a score somewhere to settle with life. He's wide open to take a cheap shot at his competitors/team owners/team members/sanctioning body/track conditions, etc. without regards to how it will come across in the long run. Some of us don't forget his whining about why he lost here or there and just wish he would stand up and say "I got whipped" or "I beat myself today."

When he took the grand dig at Hight saying something like "Well, I didn't get to drive by marrying the bosses daughter," I lost the last shred of respect where I had previously given him the benefit of the doubt that it was just the heat of the moment. I think he was storing that "ultimate cheap shot" up to say on national TV. I could site about 50 more times he came across that way but I've learned that's just Whit.

All that being said, when you hear him speak of his wife and son, you probably get a more realistic picture of the great husband and father he must surely be. When you hear about his passion for fitness that has led him to be a first rate cyclist, you understand his will to win. When you see him invite our buddy Hip to Indy for the time of his life, you know he has a caring and a loving spirit in him. When you hear the disappointment in his voice losing his ride with DSR you know that he has a passion to drive that exceeds his ability to shrug it off.

All in all, Whit gives us all something to talk about. He's earned that right, whether we are speaking ill or praising him, he's sure got all our attention. There's something to be said about that.
Nobody's talking about me?

A few years ago in Ennis my wife and I were shooting the breeze with some of the crew members and we started quizzing them about people in the sport. Here were some of the replies.............

Lee Beard was a pompus ass to work for.............:eek:

Darian and Meadows, one was a saint to work for, the other was a total jerk...........

But, all there agreed they really liked Whit, they said he likes the taste of his shoes too much though!:D

This not a bash of people who post on messegeboards like this one so I apologize if you think it is. Anyway, here is my puzzlement...

Whenever I talk to people at the track, or people who simply view the races on TV, I ask them about Whit Bazemore and 99% of the time they all have the same opinion - and it isn't pretty. Yet on all the messege boards I visit is seems like a big Whit praise left and right.

Same issue with Erica Enders - people at the track and TV viewers love her. Yet on the boards people love to bash her. Same with Angelle.

Why is this?
People I tend to run into at a racing event are tanked and will even talk smack about there own mothers. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back