The Sam Show: A nice idea, but…. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Many of you maters will me remember posting links to the “Sam Show” last year. The Sam Show was supposed to be a medium for me to express my views on things to a worldwide audience via Youtube.

However, the Sam Show flopped – both in views AND comments. The NASCAR Vs. NHRA Vs. IRL episode was so slammed with comments (mainly from angry NASCAR and Danica Patrick fans) that I had to erase all of comments.

In the end I decided to erase all the first episodes and start new ones. Although no one left negative comments, view counts are still very low. A couple of people I know saw the new Sam Show, and I asked them plainly, “What’s the difference between the sh*t I rant about and the sh*t Bill Maher rants about? He sounds off just like I do.” I got 3 answers: Bill Maher is funny, about 8 million dollars a year, and he knows how to get his point across without generalizing.

Ah yes, generalizing. People say the biggest reason for the Sam Show’s (lack of) success is because “I make sweeping generalizations about whole groups of people.” Let me be the first to tell you – generalization sucks. I saw a post on a dating forum by a young woman that said “she would never date a guy who works tech support because they’re all losers who don’t know how to talk to people outside of work.” Now THAT’S a generalization. People confuse what I do with generalizing. If a group of people are known for saying or doing something, I’m going to point it out. That’s not generalizing, it’s merely making an observation.

Another reason why people say the Sam Show failed to take off is that I made a point of deleting any negative comments. To them, this meant that I am trying to force people to agree with me and thus take whatever I say as “the last word,” and also gave the impression that I am trying to impose my beliefs on people.

Yes, I did delete negative comments. However IMO there is a big difference between offering a dissenting opinion to the speaker, and bashing the speaker for his opinion. If you watch Bill Maher’s show, then you know that people disagree with him all the time. Yet people never bash him, because they know he would probably kick them out of the studio. Why should I have to take insults hurled at me simply because of my point of view? Disagreeing with me is fine…. Just don’t bash me.

Ok, now I present you with my Youtube channel: YouTube - HEMI6point1's Channel

You be the judge on whether I’m generalizing. They are there, you’ll have to sift through all my babe videos. At least no one can argue about my taste in women or music. :D

Seems people are never happy are they Sam? They whine and complain yada, yada. (See your post below)

However, posts like the one quoted above make me wonder if people are ever happy. I mean really, people whine and complain when drivers act like sponsor-spewing robots, and yet when an interview like Brandon's comes along, people still whine and complain.

If your not interested in an alternate point of view or a negative opinion perhaps you should devote your efforts elsewhere besides youtube.

Albeit you appear to be a relatively intelligent, thoughtful young man with loads of talent. Yet your comments put out for public display concerning comments other than positive and your reactions to those appear to be hypocritical.

Grow a thicker skin Sam. It's called life in the fast lane. Every time we share an opinion or two, an editorial, or a video, we subject ourselves to scrutiny. Both positive and negative.

BTW not everyone who shares a negative opinion on any topics discussed here have issues with happiness!

Keep on making your videos Sam. It's a talent not many of us have. I think I can speak for many here, they are a fun to watch and they showcase your abilities.

Rock on Dude! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back