Gene Snow interview-Really ESPN?!! (1 Viewer)

So how many of you that are against the Gene Snow interview have kids that liked Michael Jackson? Did you make them stop watching Michael Jackson videos?

It would also seem that Gene personally attends a lot of these races. If you have that much of a problem with him, why not just go up and talk to him?

You'd never have the opportunity to do that with Michael Jackson, plus he's dead and old news anyways.

If you're bringing up drugs, how about Darrell Alderman. He came back from his 2 year suspension and went on to win another Winston Championship. He was allegedly distributing as well?

I cannot believe some of you are equating drug distribution with RAPING YOUNG BOYS!! NUMEROUS TIMES!!

I give up...go ahead and put Gene Snow's picture on a Mello Yellow can for all I care.

I cannot believe some of you are equating drug distribution with RAPING YOUNG BOYS!! NUMEROUS TIMES!!

I give up...go ahead and put Gene Snow's picture on a Mello Yellow can for all I care.

Might have to wonder which side of the fence some of these people are sitting on?

I could really give a f$%#@&^%k s#$&*%$#t less about gene snow , nhra should bounce his ass out !........i thought nhra was a family minded organization ?

Is this a f*cking joke? People are seriously trying to compare drug dealers / users to some sick ******* that forced himself on young boys?!?!? Those guys could have been caught handing out blow with hero cards in the pits and it still wouldn't even be in the same zip code as what this guy was known to do for MANY years now.

I believe that child molestation is about the worst thing a person could do.
With Snow we have a situation where he has never been found guility of doing it. If he had he would have been in jail. Whether you like it or not our law is you are innocent until proven guility and he has never been found guilty.

Equating child molestation to drug dealing are two different things but they both harm people. Once again - Jerry Ruth was not convicted of drug dealing. He was convicted of drug "trafficing". He was at the time considered to be the largest drug trafficer in the whole North West. That is not the same as buying a bag from someone. He was handling 'BIG" time. How many lives did his "BUSINESS" ruin or kill?

Lets get with it, NHRA doesn't really care what your background is. I have been racing since 1959 and have known people involved with drugs, child molestation, killing or severely hurting people, money laundering, hired killers you name it. If you lived in So.California in the 60's & 70's and were deeply involved in racing you know what Iam talking about. Most of them don't get caught, they just fade away. Not to name names but some of the people that raced at that time and are now looked at as hero's are in the class of those people.

Actually Conspiracy under the RICO Act is what Ruth was convicted of and was a piker in the blow marketing business. He was among a dozen indicted and charged at that time.
Under no uncertain terms was he a George Jung Level Trafficker.
We all followed the trial closely (Portland Federal Court) as a few of the defendants were NW racers we all knew.
The Grand Jury Testimony was a great read and you all would be surprised who all was covered within.

Well, don't keep us in suspense, who was mentioned? As for Snow and Ruth, this is kind of a shocker, since I've never heard stories like this mentioned out in the open like this. Sad for both of them and for the lives they ruined, and shame on the NHRA for turning a blind eye to both of them.

Nobody can say that what he did wasn't the worst of the worst but reality is these people are out there and 9 times out of ten you have no idea. They could be the friendly family man next door to the strange weird guy down the street. You just dont know what goes on with people behind closed doors.

As for the other guys and drug stuff, someone could write a book about all the dodgy ways people have found to fund their racing operations in their chosen motorsports.

That law states that you're innocent until proven guilty, and I agree with the law of the land. However, a common theory is, if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Snow must have a better lawyer than Sandusky.

Massey is in the seat because of Snow's cash. Originally it was to be Steve Torrence, But Massey is Snow's fair haired boy and he Out bid the Torrence family. The only paid drivers on DSR's payroll are Capps and Tony. The rest buy their seats and bring sponsors to the deal.

Antron didn't buy that seat, Matco wanted him, and yes he's a paid driver.

Not trying to start an argument but with all these allegations that he has on him has he ever been convicted or tried?

I know these types of allegations are extremely serious and should be but have any of them been proven?

They say a man is innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't seem to apply with this type of allegation.

Good post Bob, I haven't heard a thing!

Guys, guys....HE PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGES! They don't typically hold a trial once you've done that. (insert sarcasim here)

To me, it was a mindless move to interview this perceived pedophile during a nationally televised event. Whoever had the mike should have told the director in his ear, "um, no, not him. I'll find Spencer's dad and interview him."

Last edited:
That law states that you're innocent until proven guilty, and I agree with the law of the land. That should have been the end....you can't agree with a statement like that, then add a "but" to it... However, a common theory is, if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Snow must have a better lawyer than Sandusky.

They say a man is innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't seem to apply with this type of allegation.

that is so true...and we're witnessing it here.

Guys, guys....HE PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGES! The shame of the law is that often times, people have to plead guilty as it's the best way to get out of a situation quickly. There's piles of history of innocent people pleading guilty. West Memphis Three had a documentary filming in the beginning, and that documentary was picked up by HBO...over the years, HBO ran newer documetaries showing the process these three went through, and in fact, when all the evidence (or lack of) surfaced, the strangest twist was that the three had to pronounce themselves guilty as charged, just to get out of prison....just something to keep in mind....I hope none of us ever face a jury as quick to convict on zero evidence, just simply someone's word against yours.

Whoever had the mike should have told the director in his ear, "um, no, not him. I'll find Spencer's dad and interview him." To Gene's credit, I did sense he was a bit uncomfortable....anyone would be if there's this huge mob waiting to judge you without a whiff of real information, just a backlog of internet postings....and your perception of a couple of newspaper articles.

just to add.....I have as much faith in people as my history of dealing with people allows. There's people out there that will say anything to get ahead in life. Add a large amount of money, and then put it into a smaller town, and whammo....you have the makings for agendas and motivations....I've seen people lie to keep their jobs, and allow others to get fired simply because they could. I don't put much past people.

Last edited:
Kevin,
I'm quite sure that you're correct. Gene Snow is a model citizen, who was wrongly accused, numerous times.

Maybe, next time he's in town, he can take your son, or grandson(s) and their male friends from school camping in Big Bear. I mean, what could go wrong, right?!

Carry on folks, sorry I brought it up. Continue the great work ESPN. Hey, maybe Gene will take Paul's spot, ya think?

Kevin,
I'm quite sure that you're correct. Gene Snow is a model citizen, who was wrongly accused, numerous times. Maybe, next time he's in town, he can take your son, or grandson(s) and their male friends from school camping in Big Bear. I mean, what could go wrong, right?!

Carry on folks, sorry I brought it up. Continue the great work ESPN. Hey, maybe Gene will take Paul's spot, ya think?

Hang on a moment....let me get you a torch and some other towns people....then we can storm the castle....

Let's just say a 17 yr old saying he was paid 30 dollars twice since the 5th grade who kept going to his house to be molested and never said anything until he was 17....is just a little suspicious....motive-wise....I am not saying crimes against children is acceptable, strange that you wish to view it that way....I am simply saying that plea bargaining is used quite often in the court system. The other thing is that once you're a target, it's easier for people to take shots at you, especially those that stand to benefit from simply saying things....the "evidence" of hearsay seems to pile-up in some people's minds and come out as "proof". Continue to paste anyone discussing this with an eye for both sides of an argument as condoning these types of actions if you must.

Hey Kevin,

You may want to do a little digging on this one before defending him. It is not one kid, one time. The arrest, the charges, the accusations, the plea deals have been many and spread over 30+ years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back