Gene Snow Back In Court (1 Viewer)

Glad to see that at least one judge in this country can turn a blind eye toward money. Sadly, in this country, if you have enough money, you can buy your way out of about anything. Sounds like it is not the first time this guy had been in trouble. If he in fact did what he is accused of, he should go to jail. Trust me, those guys have a unique way of dealing with scum bags who want to mess with children.

good move by the judge, hope they throw the freak behind bars and let Bubba deal out some justice

good move by the judge, hope they throw the freak behind bars and let Bubba deal out some justice

Judge Sharen Wilson is very tough. If the evaluation does not go in his favor, he will have to register as a sex offender. If that happens, he won't be showing his face at a racetrack. There are too many children at racing events and he would not be allowed to be around them.

I was quite surprized to be behind the starting line in Rusk, Texas this past weekend and look around to see Gene standing beside me. After what I had heard and read recently I surely didn't expect to see him at a race track anytime soon.

Van Williams
SC 4520 TD

Not that this has to do only with THIS case but I am surprised a "Fill-in" Judge can rule on any case. Did that judge follow the testimony all along? That just seems odd to me...

I remember seeing Gene walking the pits a couple years ago in Pomona and he was pretty chummy with a guy that looked like he was in early 20s, I knew all about the Snowmans preferences (who doesn`t), but it was still pretty creepy. That link about made me want to puke, what a sick, twisted p.o.s., I mean charges dating as far back as `78! Makes me wonder how many other kids might be involved that we`ll never know about. I hope Massey gets the hell out of there asap and lands a ride with another team.

First let me preface that I think Gene Snow should of never been offered a plea bargain to begin with. So who do I blame for that, the Prosecutors for allowing a plea bargain. After watching that tape, my thought (and I am going to get flamed for this) is that the Judge Wilson should have accepted the decision of the Prosecutors and the visiting judge. Should she be happy with their decision, HELL NO, but she should have to accept it. Hell, the Prosecutors told Judge Wilson they were happy. She then should of sent letters to the visiting Judge and the DA informing them of her disappointment in the handling of the case.

Are we saying that any defendant that appears before a visiting judge in a court of law has to now be worried that the regular judge may drag your ass back to court because they weren't happy with the outcome. Stop and think about it. What if you were the defendant?

I will say again, Gene Snow should have never been offered the plea bargain. Can you really blame him for accepting what was offered? Snow went through the judicial process and it's a slap in the face to all of us that the prosecution and judge allowed the outcome.

I remember a case here in Houston where a white HPD officer shot and killed his neighbor who was a black man. He ended up getting arrested and going to trial and the jurors handed down a sentence that didn't quite set with the black community. So, Quanell X shows up with all his cronies and protest in front of this cops house like it was his fault for getting such a light sentence (probation, I think). Hell, they should of been protesting in front of the jurors house for letting him off so light.

Just another way of looking at it. Of course, I usually look at things a little different, but that is just the way I am. :rolleyes:

I remember a case here in Houston where a white HPD officer shot and killed his neighbor who was a black man. He ended up getting arrested and going to trial and the jurors handed down a sentence that didn't quite set with the black community. So, Quanell X shows up with all his cronies and protest in front of this cops house like it was his fault for getting such a light sentence (probation, I think). Hell, they should of been protesting in front of the jurors house for letting him off so light.
Think about what you wrote. I mean, really think about it. Court officers (judges and attorneys on both sides) are handsomely paid to do their jobs, and they are public figures, open to scrutiny and criticism as to how they conduct themselves in the process of doing their jobs. Jurors are not. To suggest that jurors be held to the same standards of public accessibility after rendering a verdict that might be unpopular with a group of people would make finding a pool of people willing to serve on juries almost impossible.

It is up to the jury to render a verdict based on the merits of a case presented by both the defense and the prosecution. Rendering the verdict is their only requirement, and it is a voluntary position. To suggest that the jury be a focus of post-verdict attacks by outside groups of people is a suggestion that would throw our entire judicial system into chaos. It would, in effect, turn our court system into anarchy, with everyday people afraid to participate.

Bob, I agree with alot of what you said, but in Texas the jury doesn't just render a verdict. They pass the sentence for the crime as well, so yes, I do blame them for some of the weaker sentences that get handed out for some of the crimes committed.

I just read this week's Bob Frey 'Did you know' and he mentioned Gene Snow, and it made me search for this. What ever happened with this whole incident? Did he get what was deserved, or did he walk away with a slap on the wrist?

This is very disgusting. I just can't image Gene Snow being this type of person. I always thought he came across as a really good guy and he seemed like a gentleman. I feel stupid to think that I was a fan of his years ago. Reading that story makes me feel dirty and gives me a very sickening feeling. They should put this guy away quickly so we don't have to see him at anymore races.

Dave

I was quite surprized to be behind the starting line in Rusk, Texas this past weekend and look around to see Gene standing beside me. After what I had heard and read recently I surely didn't expect to see him at a race track anytime soon.

Van Williams
SC 4520 TD

I remember back in the mid seventies we match race against him many times. I would help Danny Pickett's Overland Express F/C at times and we knew he was going after young boy's but it didn't seemed to bother anyone, except us, about as close as we got to their team was at starting line. It's a shame that someone associated with Drag Racing has to prey on young boys to get satisfaction.

Yep, I saw Snow right up there at the startingline at Pomona. After the run he shook some dudes hand and off he went back to the pits. Like it was no big deal. I was surprised that it was just business as usual. I loved the snowman vega monza and arrow. what a damn shame.

Van Williams
SC 4520 TD

I was thinking that very thing at another race I saw him at, not sure which. That guy has to know his rep's in the ****ter right now, he sure has sack showing his face at a Drag race much less in public.

I thought that too. But he obviously doesn't see it that way as long as his behavior is tolerated at the track. It's just typical of someone like that. Typical behavior. But why does he get a pass when people have gone to the pokey for much less?

I would imagine that people who do the things he does really don't think they are doing anything wrong. If they did think it was wrong, they wouldn't do it. I was wondering why NHRA would even accept an entry to an event from him? Why would they give him a credential to participate. Tell him that his conduct is not the kind of element that is welcome in the NHRA. It is not descrimination, it is a fact that this guy does things that are very wrong. Is it possible to get Gene Snow removed from NHRA's 50 greatest drivers list?

Dave

I would imagine that people who do the things he does really don't think they are doing anything wrong. If they did think it was wrong, they wouldn't do it. I was wondering why NHRA would even accept an entry to an event from him? Why would they give him a credential to participate. Tell him that his conduct is not the kind of element that is welcome in the NHRA. It is not descrimination, it is a fact that this guy does things that are very wrong. Is it possible to get Gene Snow removed from NHRA's 50 greatest drivers list?

Dave

It would be done if it were Football, Baseball, Nascar, so why not NHRA. I'll vote to have his name removed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back