Gene Snow interview-Really ESPN?!! (1 Viewer)

You!

Nitro Member
Somebody involved want to give the ESPN director a heads up before they have their pit reporter interview a well documented CHILD MOLESTER? Biggest event of their year and they choose to put this deviant on the air?

And how did he even get in the God damn race track?? Who let him in? And once NHRA saw him there, they should have refunded his ticket purchase and walked him out the gate. But we'll probably hear later that Glendora sent him free credentials...that wouldn't surprise me I guess...

Simply unbelievable.

Another victim comes forward against Gene Snow (Race Car Legend) | Sex Offender Issues - News, studies, videos and articles about sex offender laws

Somebody involved want to give the ESPN director a heads up before they have their pit reporter interview a well documented CHILD MOLESTER? Biggest event of their year and they choose to put this deviant on the air?

And how did he even get in the God damn race track?? Who let him in? And once NHRA saw him there, they should have refunded his ticket purchase and walked him out the gate. But we'll probably hear later that Glendora sent him free credentials...that wouldn't surprise me I guess...

Simply unbelievable.

Another victim comes forward against Gene Snow (Race Car Legend) | Sex Offender Issues - News, studies, videos and
articles about sex offender laws

Um....he runs a A/Fuel car in Top Alcohol Dragster...has for years. His car was at Indy with Chase Copeland behind the wheel. He was on the line watching his former driver (Spencer Massey) win the Traxxas Shootout.

While I don't condone what he did, there is no reason he can't be there and as long as he wasn't doing anything illegal at the track, no reason NHRA shouldn't let him be involved with our sport (my .2 cents)

Last edited:
Gene Snow is still active in NHRA competition, I remember reading in an interview a little while back that he wanted to get back into top fuel but couldnt afford it.

Massey is in the seat because of Snow's cash. Originally it was to be Steve Torrence, But Massey is Snow's fair haired boy and he Out bid the Torrence family. The only paid drivers on DSR's payroll are Capps and Tony. The rest buy their seats and bring sponsors to the deal.

Gene Snow is still active in NHRA competition, I remember reading in an interview a little while back that he wanted to get back into top fuel but couldnt afford it.

Money is not an issue with him. He sold oil and gas wells a year or so ago for millions. Like him or not he has pleaded his way out of the serious charges, and they probably cannot stop him from coming.

Massey is in the seat because of Snow's cash. Originally it was to be Steve Torrence, But Massey is Snow's fair haired boy and he Out bid the Torrence family. The only paid drivers on DSR's payroll are Capps and Tony. The rest buy their seats and bring sponsors to the deal.

What did Massey have do to get Snow's backing?

Last edited:

When did Snow crash??? I remember Spencer in the seat, but I had no idea it was because of a crash!

What did Massey have do to get Snow's backing?

I believe Massey's dad and Snow are life long friends. Massey drove for Snow before he drove for Snake. Snow helped Massey get a job with Snake and when that fell through he assisted with DSR. Snow has plenty of money and can afford about anything he wants. I don't think he wants to put out the effort required to run a top fuel car or wants the publicity but that's just my opinion. I have NO personal knowledge.

I'm not excusing anything he's done or been accused of. There is no way that should be overlooked or excused. Having said that I will say that after being around Div 4 fuel racing for 50 years it's been my experience that Gene is one of the nicest guys around and is always willing to assist any racer anyway he can.

You would think on general principle they would not want to have any association which someone with so many accusations. In light of the Penn State issues, I would think separating themselves as far as possible from someone who has been accused and pleaded down numerous times to serious and disturbing charges would be the wise move.

Not the best way to say hey “bring your kids and keep the nitro generation going” then show this guy.

When I saw him on the coverage of the Traxxas finals I was disgusted and shocked. That is not the type of publicity that the NHRA needs.

Not sure any racing writers would go there, but imagine the damage this would do if an outsider got a hold of it.

Simply unbelievable.

Another victim comes forward against Gene Snow (Race Car Legend) | Sex Offender Issues - News, studies, videos and articles about sex offender laws

You know when that first broke, I met a man who works or worked(?) for NHRA everyone would know who he if I mentioned his name, was in Denial about all this Gene Snow stuff! Almost like his stellar career excused him from all Of this! I thought man we make excuses for any Deviant behavior anymore!

You know when that first broke, I met a man who works or worked(?) for NHRA everyone would know who he if I mentioned his name, was in Denial about all this Gene Snow stuff! Almost like his stellar career excused him from all Of this! I thought man we make excuses for any Deviant behavior anymore!

You mean like Catholic Priests for example ???? NHRA didn't invent this behavior pattern---------people do -

Not trying to start an argument but with all these allegations that he has on him has he ever been convicted or tried?

I know these types of allegations are extremely serious and should be but have any of them been proven?

They say a man is innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't seem to apply with this type of allegation.

When did Snow crash??? I remember Spencer in the seat, but I had no idea it was because of a crash!

Gene had a blowover crash at Dallas in, I think, 2005? It was on a test run following the national event on Monday. We had just made a test lap with Eric M's car, and were towing back when Gene's car blew over. Throttle stuck wide open and spun into the wall on its side. We made it down the track and shoved a fire extinguisher in the injector to get it shut down. The rear tires were still spinning, one was on the track and had the car tacoed up against the wall. Was pretty impressive! Gene said he blacked out and didn't know why, wouldn't get back in the car until he figured it out...guess he never did.

Snow was arrested for sexual offenses as far back as 1978. He was only fined or acquitted. One particular offense he served three years probation. He must have a better lawyer than Jerry Sandusky, who is in jail awaiting sentencing. Meanwhile, Joe Paterno was let go, and Penn State was severely punished and not allowed to participate in a bowl game, which really sucks for Penn State. All because of one pervert. NOT saying the NHRA should be punished, but get that creep off the tracks. Good God Almighty. :mad:

I don't condone what Gene has done but people seem to be real selective as to who is OK for what they have done wrong and who is not. Gene isn't the first to do anything wrong and the long and short of it is he has never gone to jail.
Lets take up another case - Jerry Ruth. He was convicted and served time in jail for drug trafficing yet he is held in high regard everytime he comes around the races. Nobody says anything bad about him. What about all the people whose lives he ruined by trafficing drugs?
I could go on and on as there are many racers who have been caught doing something against the law and have done time for it but this isn't the forum and I wouldn't want to burst anyones balloon about someone they think is great but they don't know what their past really is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back