Gators postponed (2 Viewers)

"Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.

Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before. "

Exactly what I had this time last year....5 days in a coma, intubated, on a ventilator, trying to clear my lungs of bilateral interstitial pneumonia

I am staying as normal as I can be with my life. Being in a wheelchair with lung problems, not a good outlook. There are already 72 on Long island, NY. It is still out of 3 million that live on this 120 mile fish. The hysteria is insane, but I feel doing absolutely anything outside the norm will just make it worse.

I work at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, as a Navigator (give info to passengers about the airport) on Tue & Thur. Also work Fri evening at USO. Got e mail from USO that they are shutting down effective 03-19, all over USA, due to virus & also lack of military coming to USO. Also, I am now on a leave of absence from Sky Harbor for at least a month, & more if needed. I'm 73, have asthma & am diabetic. This puts me "at risk" for the virus. Also am SOB, which in this case means Short Of Breath. My wife & I talked about this & feel it's the right thing to do. Not what I wanna do, but....

Also.... I've read that scientists can see the gene-splicing in this virus, so they know it's man made. Bio weapons are nothing new & this gives you an idea of what would happen if someone released a bio-weapon for real.

For all those who say this is just another flu, we don't want another flu - especially one we don't have a vaccine for! And especially not one that has a fatality rate about 34 times higher (0.1% vs 3.4%). The flu kills 12,000 people a year in the USA. So extrapolate that out and you're looking at 408,000 people potentially.
If we were informed 408,000 people were going to die in random terrorist attacks, but all we have to do is stay in our houses and only go to the supermarket and pharmacy or essential work for the next three weeks and they will get bored and go away, we'd all rally together and get rid of the threat, but people don't seem to take something they can't see seriously.
The sooner they just lock things down for a few weeks the better, then we can all get back to arguing about important things, like which senile man we want running the country.
408,00 come on , Somebody else pushing the panic

I guess if I had to choose, I would choose over reaction than under reaction. We can recover OK from over reaction and return to normal in a reasonable amount of time, but under reaction would be absolutely catastrophic in so many ways that would go on for years. In the meantime I discover my stash of old Diamond P videos and enjoying some quality time reliving the good ol' days. Steve and Dave were awesome.

I guess we all need to check our local tracks to see what is going on. Tucson is being cautious. Nothing on Wild Horse web site yet.

I guess we all need to check our local tracks to see what is going on. Tucson is being cautious. Nothing on Wild Horse web site yet.
The last I seen on FB was that they're running in Tucson today and tonight's event for WHP is still on at this time. The K&N bracket racing for next week has been cancelled/postponed and the team races at end of the month are too far out yet. But yes, it's good advice to check before you go as stuff changes fast.

People are hoarding TP because there is an expectation that we might be quarantined in our homes for a while and people do not want to run out. No one thinks TP prevents/treats CoVID-19 or that CoVID-19 causes symptoms that would make an abundance of TP necessary.
China had a huge problem with protester and riots. This virus was developed for chemical warfare during cold war. It been posted on different sites that the knuckleheads released it to stop the problems which it did but it went beyond that and has created havoc for the world. Italy filed criminalization charges against China today and more follow. Theres going to be Trillions of dollars for the damage they created.

Good luck getting China to pay anything to anyone. They are trying to blame the virus on our country. Only way to get back at them is to boycott their products & level very stiff tariffs by every country affected by this virus. Have no trust for the Chinese gov't. USA needs to start making it's own drugs again, plus medical equipment.

Good luck getting China to pay anything to anyone. They are trying to blame the virus on our country. Only way to get back at them is to boycott their products & level very stiff tariffs by every country affected by this virus. Have no trust for the Chinese gov't. USA needs to start making it's own drugs again, plus medical equipment.
I agree we should be more self sufficient, but if we avoid their products we can kiss our electronics such as phones, tablets and everything with a printed circuit board good-bye.

Just thinking out loud here. So I think it is very likely that NHRA postpones Vegas as well. Houston is not until 4/17 so I would say they are 50/50 at best. Charlotte is 4/24 so they are fairly questionable as well. Atlanta on 5/15 could probably be the next race. NHRA could move the Charlotte race to 5/8 and maybe run a Thursday/Friday/Saturday with it being Mother’s Day on Sunday. They could run Gainesville between Atlanta 5/15 and Richmond 5/29. Or run Gainesville on 5/8 and Charlotte between Atlanta and Richmond. Geographically it makes sense because they are all fairly close but a tough 4 week stretch for fans that might go to multiple events. That still leaves Houston and Vegas needing to be added back onto the schedule. After Richmond, the next three open weeks are 6/5 and 7/2 and 8/6. Houston would work great prior to Topeka with the 6/5 date. it would make no sense to run Chicago/Vegas/Denver so that would leave Vegas the 8/6 date between Seattle and Brainerd. If they did Vegas in July or August it better be a night race. Even then it’s a little warm.

So I think it is more than likely that NHRA is going to be forced to cancel some events if this drags on through April. It’s going to be very difficult to squeeze up to four races into a tight schedule. With my best case scenario they would be running 8 weeks in a row an off week and another 8 in a row and I don’t think that would ever happen. Hard to cancel either of the 4 wides being they are at two Bruton Smith tracks. NHRA has some tough decisions to make.

I agree China won't pay anyone but in 2002 President Bush the 18 yr old war and borrowed the money from China which resulted in a 9 trillion dollar debt so do i needto say more, by the way if you have time "heck out Ed Quay post on Facebook for those who don't know who Ed Quay is , he was a chassis builder 70s to retirement 10 yrs ago.. He very intelligent and an excellent writer. I met him 6 mos ago and chat w him daily.

China had a huge problem with protester and riots. This virus was developed for chemical warfare during cold war. It been posted on different sites that the knuckleheads released it to stop the problems which it did but it went beyond that and has created havoc for the world. Italy filed criminalization charges against China today and more follow. Theres going to be Trillions of dollars for the damage they created.

Please stop with the conspiracy theories. The virus from what reports say came from a small mammal that the chinese like to eat at one of their many unregulated outdoor food festivals and once it spread to the human population it just went out of control.

I guess if I had to choose, I would choose over reaction than under reaction. We can recover OK from over reaction and return to normal in a reasonable amount of time, but under reaction would be absolutely catastrophic in so many ways that would go on for years. In the meantime I discover my stash of old Diamond P videos and enjoying some quality time reliving the good ol' days. Steve and Dave were awesome.

Exactly.

What looks like an over reaction today, may look like not enough was done down the road.

This thing has not hit the US full force like it has Italy and other places in the world. If it does, look out. At least our government isn't continuing to stick it's head in the sand over this. At least some of the the responsible people in it, anyway.

As for people complaining about the Gators, lets say they held it. And if even just one person who contracts COVID-19 says they attended the race, would you feel 100% comfortable that they didn't sit next to you in the stands? Or stand next to you in a concession stand?

Please stop with the conspiracy theories. The virus from what reports say came from a small mammal that the chinese like to eat at one of their many unregulated outdoor food festivals and once it spread to the human population it just went out of control.
That's fine, I've done my research it's well known how Communist China works by the way I don't trend to consperioties . This is destroying our country that's my concern not to argue

"Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.

Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before. "

Exactly what I had this time last year....5 days in a coma, intubated, on a ventilator, trying to clear my lungs of bilateral interstitial pneumonia

HEY BOB......BTW.......HOW ARE YOU FEELING ???

HEY BOB......BTW.......HOW ARE YOU FEELING ???

I've been doing better with a steroid inhaler and nose spray....it seems to help keep me from getting sick. CAT scan coming up in May to check my lungs for scarring....if I can get an appointment.
They could be real busy pretty soon...

I was reading the reports about all the vaping victims going through what I did and now this.... it's just crazy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back