Gators postponed (1 Viewer)

tumblr_822d742a0cef9803a8d8cfcf0a339a8c_363bc5d5_640.jpg

HEY GUYS. Have a look at this run schedule for the Gators : The Sportsmen racers were already there and running this morning !! There is no slight on the Sportsmen racers. These guys were already there and running ! The NHL and other
sports associations acted later in the day. NHRA acted accordingly, like they should have. Give them some credit for dealing with a very, very difficult situation. As far as the Pros being
postponed, I am sure there are team, track and TV sponsor commitments to consider when you think of playing in an "empty house". As well, imagine all the complaining (riot ?) if
spectator's tickets were not honored at the gate ! A very tough situation. I feel very sorry for all of those people that spent big bucks travelling to this and other sporting events,
only to find their money was wasted. And even more sorry for those that are sick. The big question is how long is this going to last ????

I understand the need to postpone. But did they really have to wait until mid day Thursday to announce it. I was already in route from St Maarten. If they had announced earlier (and I kept checking the website to be sure) it sure would have been easier to deal with. I was going to the World Series of Bowling in Vegas after Gainesville so my week got totally screwed up. I realize it's only an inconvenience so not the end of the world, just frustrating timing.

So how long will sports in general be put on hold? It's not just sports. Concerts, Broadway, and any event that has large groups of people have been put on hold. America is held hostage by this virus!

For all those who say this is just another flu, we don't want another flu - especially one we don't have a vaccine for! And especially not one that has a fatality rate about 34 times higher (0.1% vs 3.4%). The flu kills 12,000 people a year in the USA. So extrapolate that out and you're looking at 408,000 people potentially.
If we were informed 408,000 people were going to die in random terrorist attacks, but all we have to do is stay in our houses and only go to the supermarket and pharmacy or essential work for the next three weeks and they will get bored and go away, we'd all rally together and get rid of the threat, but people don't seem to take something they can't see seriously.
The sooner they just lock things down for a few weeks the better, then we can all get back to arguing about important things, like which senile man we want running the country.

That is a world wide "PANDEMIC". If the US government would get test kits that work and test people, we would all know just how bad it really is here.

Stan

Like I said, mark my word......

We'll chat again in mid-November and see where we're at with this. The only problem is, there won't be anything to talk about and it WON'T be because they found a cure for it.

Sean D

P.S. Please don't take this as any sort of personal attack, Stan. I understand and appreciate yours, as well as everybody else's opinion that is the same or similar to yours, just as I like to have my position heard and understood.

I find it funny that most cities are banning large gatherings over 250, but yet they allow 300 plus people in a grocery stores at a time. If they want to control this they need to quarantine everyone for the next two weeks! For the first time in my life I might actually tune into a nascar race.

This virus is man made. So why was China messing with this stuff? Hmmmmm Everything I'm watching on TV says the docs don't know how to deal with the virus cuz they have never experienced something like it before. Also, why is there a run on toilet paper? The virus does not cause diarrhea. OK, am staying home except for panic runs to Walmart, grocery store and.....

This virus is man made. So why was China messing with this stuff? Hmmmmm Everything I'm watching on TV says the docs don't know how to deal with the virus cuz they have never experienced something like it before. Also, why is there a run on toilet paper? The virus does not cause diarrhea. OK, am staying home except for panic runs to Walmart, grocery store and.....
There was a small blip of a couple people involved in the China bio-lab creating this $hit storm but, it got buried real quick.

People are hoarding TP because there is an expectation that we might be quarantined in our homes for a while and people do not want to run out. No one thinks TP prevents/treats CoVID-19 or that CoVID-19 causes symptoms that would make an abundance of TP necessary.

I am just going to leave this here. Official, LIVE, pure black and white TRUTH: 12:30 PM 3/13

140,044 infected. 70,733 RECOVER. 50.5%

5,123 dead of the 140,044. 3.6%

This really does not seem any different than the global flu rates annually.

"...I guess I leave this whole thing, and the way I’m looking at it today, is there something more about this than we all know or this wouldn’t be a knee-jerk reaction to totally close and shut down everything in our country, schools, colleges, and sporting events. Somebody is not telling us something. I just can’t believe our country would succumb to cancelling all these events at venues where we have been doing things all of our lives. When you look at it, NHRA didn’t call it, the (Florida) Governor called it. He’s the one who said close it down." McMillen said some great things on Comp Plus.

"...I guess I leave this whole thing, and the way I’m looking at it today, is there something more about this than we all know or this wouldn’t be a knee-jerk reaction to totally close and shut down everything in our country, schools, colleges, and sporting events.

You know, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist in general, but I'm to the point where I think you're right on that assertion. I don't believe we are being given the full story.

take it for what you will. this article attempts to describe the beginnings of this virus, and supposed cover ups by the china gov't. ...... i'll just ride this out and hope like hell the spread in this
country subsides. IMO i don't think we've seen the peak yet. this is a new virus with no cure folks. not something you want to take litely......have we been told everything? maybe. maybe not.

Last edited:
This really does not seem any different than the global flu rates annually.

You (and others) comparing this to the flu just shows that you do not understand the significance of the virus. I am an actuary with over 20 years of experience working for or consulting for the largest insurance companies in the world, so yes, I may have a bit of knowledge when it comes to risk, especially mortality. I am not going to get into the details, because for the most part, it's like talking to a brick wall. And I'm not directing that at you Patrick, it's based on all of the comments that I see on social media that "think" they know what they are talking about.

I will leave you with this, the estimated mortality rates for Coronavirus is approximately 38 times that of the flu.

"...I guess I leave this whole thing, and the way I’m looking at it today, is there something more about this than we all know or this wouldn’t be a knee-jerk reaction to totally close and shut down everything in our country, schools, colleges, and sporting events. Somebody is not telling us something. I just can’t believe our country would succumb to cancelling all these events at venues where we have been doing things all of our lives. When you look at it, NHRA didn’t call it, the (Florida) Governor called it. He’s the one who said close it down." McMillen said some great things on Comp Plus.
Terry is a great racer, but I'm not sure he has the right perspective on global pandemics.
It's not a knee-jerk reaction, it's being widely advised to restrict mass gatherings world wide. If anything the USA is lagging behind in this regard. Because we have been 'doing something all our lives' is not a reason to continue when faced with different conditions. It's not 'succumbing' to anything, it's about being on the front foot.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back