Gators postponed (1 Viewer)

I realize why they postponed the race.... but I find it funny that I reveived an email at 8:10am this morning from the NHRA promoting the event, then I hear they postponed it a few hours later. lol.

A quote from an interesting article. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/vo...ow-stop-killing-people/ar-BB113BXB?li=BBnb7Kz

Now, odds are, you might catch coronavirus and might not even get symptoms. Great. Good for you. Very bad for everyone else, from your own grandparents to the random older person who got on the subway train a stop or two after you got off. You're fine, you're barely even sneezing or coughing, but you're walking around and you kill a couple of older people without even knowing it. Is that fair? You tell me.

Well I flew here yesterday put awning up this morning got done had lunch and took it all down lol.....I think this was above nhra they were going to run the race more powerful government types shut this down just my opinion going back home tomorrow

Not mentioned, but probably if the Governor said not to have it there is a possibility that IF something came of it the Legal responsability could go back to NHRA. It is a wierd "Blame everything on everybody else but me world now".

Well looks like I'll be fighting with the NHRA about trying to get my $$$ back. Just ordered my tix yesterday ( I always wait until the week of because I know what there rainout policy is ) It looks like there wanting to use the same policy for this but the problem is I live 1200 miles from Gainesville so coming back is not a option. Wish me luck

Mark my word...… When this election cycle is over, this "pandemic" will vanish faster than David Copperfield, just like all the other "serious" problems that seem to surface around election time.

I know this will get deleted because it will deemed political, but take it to the bank, boys and girls.

Sean D

That is a world wide "PANDEMIC". If the US government would get test kits that work and test people, we would all know just how bad it really is here.

Stan

That is a world wide "PANDEMIC". If the US government would get test kits that work and test people, we would all know just how bad it really is here.

Stan
It's not like Italy or the European countries. Again, Thank You China.

Me and my dad were all the way to Ocala when I saw on Twitter they postponed it. :mad: Oh well, it's only a 5 our trip for us so I'll just make plans to go whenever they reschedule it.

It is interesting the China seems to be getting the virus a little more under control because of the way they run the government over there.

A friend told me that his family in China was told if they find you out and walking around you go directly to prison without any trail. It has already happened to one member of his family and they have no idea where they took the person.

That is a very harsh way to control the virus from spreading buy it appears to work.

I think the Governor of Florida may have put preasure on the NHRA not to hold the event and now they are telling the WWE that their event set for April 5 in Tampa should be cancelled and if they do not do it the Governor will do it for them.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Here in Connecticut our governer banned any gathering with a crowd size greater than 250 people. This effectively shut down every existing event that had not already been cancelled. Every school from pre K to our university's are closed until further notice. This is serious stuff and needs to be addressed accordingly. I'm getting the Florida state government gave them no choice in making this decision, which is the right one.

this is the right thing to do. large groups of people in close proximity rite now is a recipe for disaster. was just in FL for 6 days. 4 cases when i got there on the 5th. 29 today. 6 new cases confirmed yesterday. one diagnosed yesterday is a NY man attending daytona bike week......this is scary stuff.
I understand the craziness, but think for a second...........how many cases of the flu have popped up during the same time period?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back