Gators postponed (1 Viewer)

Well maybe at least it will get a better tv time slot at a later date lol

The St Petersburg Indycar race has been closed to fans, and may be postponed altogether, and the F1 bosses in Austalia are also discussing postponing.

LOL, we don't want to risk exposure to the pro's or the spectators. But hey, you sportsman racers just suck it up and come on anyways.
No spectators allowed, which is where the real risk is. Another race team 20-30 feet away from your team in an adjacent pit isn't near the risk of bleachers full of fans sitting in close proximity of one another, and the Gators is always jam packed. And no way are they going to run the Pros without spectators, for obvious financial reasons.

Both the local and federal governments have been putting pressure on the leagues and organizations to cancel activities. Outside of NASCAR and XFL, all sports organizations are shut down. I don’t expect NASCAR to run after this weekend. The virus is a big deal and the government is trying to slow the spread of the virus which is hard to do with large groups of people. I was planning on going to Vegas in three weeks for the nationals. I feel I’m just as likely to get sick at work as I would flying to Vegas. I doubt Vegas1 happens either. I just hope they pull the plug sooner than they did Gainesville.

this is the right thing to do. large groups of people in close proximity rite now is a recipe for disaster. was just in FL for 6 days. 4 cases when i got there on the 5th. 29 today. 6 new cases confirmed yesterday. one diagnosed yesterday is a NY man attending daytona bike week......and i know there had to be at least a couple daytona bike week folks that may have rode over for the race in orlando last week......this is scary stuff.
I totally agree.
It is a shame that there may be some selfish, self-centered people who may be upset...

No spectators allowed, which is where the real risk is. Another race team 20-30 feet away from your team in an adjacent pit isn't near the risk of bleachers full of fans sitting in close proximity of one another, and the Gators is always jam packed. And no way are they going to run the Pros without spectators, for obvious financial reasons.

That is what I do not understand. I am in NY. NBA/NHL/MLB if it still is happening in 3 weeks, will be suspended like the NHL and NBA. The general population is issued this report as a way for them 1. not infect others. 2. Not infect the leagues. Have it with no people right now because the risk is between 50,000 spectators, not let's say the overall 256 people employed in TF and FC. (Math: avg 8 people a team x 32. We know it's a lot more than that too.

All I am going to say is that I would take a bet saying that they had this decision 80% made. NHRA does not disappoint. "Let's cancel the day before and cost teams tons of money." There is not a gas refund. NASCAR already made a decision on Homestead and that race isn't even this weekend. I do not buy that it just dawned on the NHRA to make a decision Thursday morning. I also find it very odd that sportsman gets the green light. It almost reads Lucas Oil: We don't care about you and your heath. Race. Pros: No, we supposedly care. If you disagree with that, why not run it all as is without the crowd. We already know NHRA doesn't need anyone in the stands to run a race.

Last edited:
....... I do not buy that it just dawned on the NHRA to make a decision Thursday morning.
patrick. notice the exponential growth(spread) in just the last week. notice the president on tv last night echoing the CDC that this is a worldwide pandemic.
it is FAR better to waste travel money and be safe, than to put large groups of people together for any length of time rite now.

patrick. notice the exponential growth(spread) in just the last week. notice the president on tv last night echoing the CDC that this is a worldwide pandemic.
it is FAR better to waste travel money and be safe, than to put large groups of people together for any length of time rite now.

I agree with that fact, but I still question the timing when major events and leagues were already getting suspended with a larger timeline.

Fortunately many of the Sportsman had been to the LDRS last weekend and had stayed in town.

That is true too. Maybe I am slightly contradicting myself because it may cost a LORDS racer more money and hurt more than a Pro to have to drive home. Money is money until in this case, the same spread is mountains or pebbles depending on their program.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back