Gainseville question(s). (2 Viewers)

If you are driving up 24 by the airport the traffic backs up where everyone takes a left to get on 225 near the gas station. Stay in the the right lane to pass it. There is a left hand turn (NE 55 Pl) right afterward, maybe a 1/4 mile, how fitting :D . You then take a right on to 225. You still have to drive up 225, but there is a little less aggravation in it.

Seems to me they could relieve a lot of the traffic by reconfiguring that whole 225, 232, 24 intersection. All they would have to do is put more pavement down to allow you to go directly from 225 to 24. As it is now when exiting from the track you have to take that left then that right, that what slows eveything up. Make it a straight shot to 24.

If you are driving up 24 by the airport the traffic backs up where everyone takes a left to get on 225 near the gas station. Stay in the the right lane to pass it. There is a left hand turn (NE 55 Pl) right afterward, maybe a 1/4 mile, how fitting :D . You then take a right on to 225. You still have to drive up 225, but there is a little less aggravation in it.

Seems to me they could relieve a lot of the traffic by reconfiguring that whole 225, 232, 24 intersection. All they would have to do is put more pavement down to allow you to go directly from 225 to 24. As it is now when exiting from the track you have to take that left then that right, that what slows eveything up. Make it a straight shot to 24.

Jim, that's the same route I take as it takes you right by the Gainesville Zoo err...Campground. Turn Right on that corner, and you are 1-2 miles from the entrance to the track.

I agree with you about straightening out that intersection of 225,232, and 24 as all they need to do is extend 225 a couple hundred feet and it would merge right onto 24 and they could re-direct 232 or make it dead end into 225and people could either turn Right or Left and then figure out what they wanted to do in connecting to 24. That is a messed up intersection as it is and I avoid it.

GO GATORS...and I mean the football team tonight!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back