Drags, Dollars and Sense: Will They Entice Interest? (1 Viewer)

Gutter Brain

Nitro Member
From Competition Plus, DRAGS, DOLLARS & SENSE: WILL THEY ENTICE INTEREST?
I thought this was a good read.

I have thought there could be some cool commercials with Jimmy John's subs (have a slogan like "subs so fast you will freak" or "Freaky Fast"), or Pizza Hut or Domino's pizza. Any of these could be great to have a TF or FC deliver the product and race off to the next location.
I think it is important to bring in new sponsors, with a younger audience. I saw on Facebook that Courtney Force was working with Nintendo on the Mario Kart 7 release at the LA Auto Show. Someone mentioned getting XBox, Nintendo, or Playstation to sponsor a car. That could be a cool wrap, and a new/different audience too.
What do you guys think? Do you think we can expect much movement of the needle?

I'm as old school as they come having participated and been a fan since the 60's.
But...... we need something to interest and bring young people in.

maybe not aimed directly at youth, but if NHRA's value vs. nascar or indy car
is percentage per race/viewer greater?? (i don't know, just know nhra teams
ask for less than nascar).....

and if multi-car teams are here to stay (i.e. DSR hosting 'sponsor meetings'
so each sponsor is aware of the next; networking).....

and it's obvious how often & easily cars are wrapped per season for various
promotions & sponsors....

strike a deal with a conglomerate such as Proctor & Gamble; select a group
of brands that fit the NHRA demographic, then rotate various brands on
one car or cars over a 2-3 year intial period, hope for renewal into future.

i.e. Home Depot or Menards - use various brands sold under their umbrellas;
coop adv't. money available (dewalt, john deere, weber, ge, etc.)

maybe not aimed directly at youth, but if NHRA's value vs. nascar or indy car
is percentage per race/viewer greater?? (i don't know, just know nhra teams
ask for less than nascar).....

and if multi-car teams are here to stay (i.e. DSR hosting 'sponsor meetings'
so each sponsor is aware of the next; networking).....

and it's obvious how often & easily cars are wrapped per season for various
promotions & sponsors....

strike a deal with a conglomerate such as Proctor & Gamble; select a group
of brands that fit the NHRA demographic, then rotate various brands on
one car or cars over a 2-3 year intial period, hope for renewal into future.

i.e. Home Depot or Menards - use various brands sold under their umbrellas;
coop adv't. money available (dewalt, john deere, weber, ge, etc.)

Great thoughts with the Proctor and Gamble idea, sharing the space at different events all under one sponsor umbrella.

That was Ronnie Young in the Blue Max NFC.......Just a FYI..........

I was surprised it turned out to be the Blue Max- the mili-second it is shown on the :30 second spot made it impossible to make a proper ID- the colors made me think it was the PF car...

sssshhhhh don 't say Jimmy John's that's my plan

Wasn't there talks a few years ago of one of the Force girls doing something with Nickelodean?

So many marketing ideas....just need a ride so that I can make them happen or just win the lotto. So far neither has happen

i remember the days when NHRA got equal respect as NASCAR/Indy. I Watch the new Team Chevy commercial, they show NASCAR, Indy and a Corvette road racer, NO DRAG RACING.

i remember the days when NHRA got equal respect as NASCAR/Indy. I Watch the new Team Chevy commercial, they show NASCAR, Indy and a Corvette road racer, NO DRAG RACING.

You know Rob, I love Corvettes just a notch or two below the grandkids, but it is hard for me to believe there is more interest in road racing than drag racing. I get NASCAR and Indy, but I dont understand no drag racing.

I think NHRA needs to try and start a sport compact division, bring in the young kids. You know, fast n furious! ha ha.

Seriously though, the NHRA marketing dept is the absolute worst in all of sports. I was super excited when Coke came on and have been super disappointed. I guess they know they dont matter so they dont try. Its a joke honestly. Force does more marketing in one day than NHRA does for the entire tour all year.

I think NHRA needs to try and start a sport compact division, bring in the young kids. You know, fast n furious! ha ha.

Seriously though, the NHRA marketing dept is the absolute worst in all of sports. I was super excited when Coke came on and have been super disappointed. I guess they know they dont matter so they dont try. Its a joke honestly. Force does more marketing in one day than NHRA does for the entire tour all year.

From Winston's $12 Mil. Per year down to Coke's $3 Mil. Per year!

You know Rob, I love Corvettes just a notch or two below the grandkids, but it is hard for me to believe there is more interest in road racing than drag racing. I get NASCAR and Indy, but I dont understand no drag racing.

Relatability - road racing Corvettes look like "real" cars people can see and buy at their local dealers and can even run them at local road courses. Drag racing, not so much...even FC. I love all racing but I am such a small little blip in the grand scheme of things. :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back