Gainseville question(s). (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Is there a good pizza place and Chinese place around the track?

Stupid question, but I LOVE pizza and Chinese.

Oh, and this may be to early to ask but who is coming to Gainesville from the mater?

Is there a good pizza place and Chinese place around the track?

Stupid question, but I LOVE pizza and Chinese.

Oh, and this may be to early to ask but who is coming to Gainesville from the mater?

Samuel,

I plan on being there this year as I haven't missed the Gators much in the past 16 years or so. I'm sure that there will be several 'Maters attending.

As far as pizza and Chinese places near the track, don't count on that. The track as you might recall is out in the north fringes of town and in a rural area. If what you consider near to be in the 10-15 mile vicinity, then I'm sure that there are plenty. Gainesville is a cool college town and I'm sure there are tons of pizza places but I can't speak for where any of them are as I drive up from Orlando and usually return the same day. Chinese restaurants are pretty popular everywhere so Gainesville ain't gonna be any different. Maybe some other GatorNationals regulars can give you a better hint on where the best places are. I would bet they are gonna be near the U of F campus.

I'll be making my 6th straight trip to G-ville, I love that Race! They have bar none the Largest crowds in the Country! Samuel make sure you stop in the Alehouse on Archer rd. You'll see just about every racer and crew member in there.

I'll be making my 6th straight trip to G-ville, I love that Race! They have bar none the Largest crowds in the Country! Samuel make sure you stop in the Alehouse on Archer rd. You'll see just about every racer and crew member in there.

Don't forget Sonny's BBQ

I've been going since 1976.Food?? Dunno,I don't really venture into Gainesville the town,I usually just go home after the races.I have been to Sonny's,good BBQ.

I also only go on Thursday and Friday since they started reserved seating on saturday.Besides,I really go for stock,super stock and S/ST,and Pro Stock on Friday.

Most of the motels and restaurants are clustered around either the Newberry Road/SH 26 exit off I-75 (runs across the middle of Gainesville) or the Archer Road/SH 24 exit off I-75 at the south end of town. Both locations are a long way from the track, which is the other side of town, north of the airport.

OK since this is a thread on Gainsville, I have a question: Which day would be best to go in order to see the most fuel cars run? I live in Tampa and would just drive up for the day if I go. Thanks for any info!

OK since this is a thread on Gainsville, I have a question: Which day would be best to go in order to see the most fuel cars run? I live in Tampa and would just drive up for the day if I go. Thanks for any info!

I agree friday's the cheapest ticket price wise, plus you'll see 2 Fuel sessions.

the track is a ways away from any stores or food. archer road about 10 minutes away has everything you can think of. pack a lunch and enjoy! gainsville raceway rules!

Dumb question :confused: How "approachable" are the drivers in that setting? Are they swamped with requests for autographs and pictures?

i've never seen anyone bother the drivers at the ale house. you'd have to be a major league geek to bother them there when you can ask em all day in the pits..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back