Gainesville (1 Viewer)

Saturday and Sunday mornings are no joke at Gville. Sunday being the worst. I have to leave jax at 5:45am :rolleyes:. I got a hotel this year!

Saturday and Sunday mornings are no joke at Gville. Sunday being the worst. I have to leave jax at 5:45am :rolleyes:. I got a hotel this year!

Where do you stay James? I always stay at the Red Roof Inn in Lake City. It doesn't take long to get to the track from there and the cost is much, much cheaper than staying in Gainesville!!

My two first trips to G-Ville in '02-"03 I stayed in Ocala, got decent rates around $50-55 per! But leaving the motel at 6 AM got old fast!

A couple of years ago, I stayed at the hotel at the Garlits Museum for $69 per night. A long drive. This year, I have a room in Gainesville for $95 per night.

The only thing..."well two actually" things I hate about Gainesville is the fact that on Sat/Sun primarily. You had better get to the track by 7 AM or else! Also...why no Beer sales at G-ville?

I remember a long time ago someone here said that if you don't leave early (like 6-6:30AM) you'll be part of the "world's largest traffic jam." He meant it, and me and pops learned the heard way.

BTW, a little tip: That preferred parking pass that NHRA offers for 75 bucks is worth its weight in gold. It beats having to park in the boondocks.

Im staying at americas bestvalue inn or something along those lines... Newer place according to reviews...$220 all together from thurs-sunday

ugh--- wont be there this year. i do love the track. and when the weather is perfect its a dream of a day. have fun everyone and i hope the weather is better than last yr.

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered before, but can anyone tell me why we go from Arizona to Florida and then back to Las Vegas? Makes no sense to me given the price of fuel, the state of the economy, etc.

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered before, but can anyone tell me why we go from Arizona to Florida and then back to Las Vegas? Makes no sense to me given the price of fuel, the state of the economy, etc.

I was under the impression that this was to get the east coast started as soon as they could after the season starts over on the left coast and Firebird was a way to get some money to make it over to the east coast.
I know this really doesn't apply to today's pro circuit. Anyone else have the correct explanation ?

Not necessary, I very seldom drink beer in the TEC and it's FREE!

Yes, it is. But, you only get two free beer tickets per day in their TEC. We just loaded up the cooler with a case of Heineken and went out to the car between sessions/rounds. TEC parking there is really close to the tent.

This is the 44th year, (with one or two exceptions) in mid-March, you wanna change it? NHRA DOES NOT want to go head-to-head with Bike Week.

I worked in NW Tampa, FL this week (Oldsmar). I thought I might be staying until today, so I inquired at the hotel about extending my room through last night. The front desk told me they were sold out and needed my room because of the "Gator Nationals". I told her that was ludicrous, that the Gators weren't until next weekend and they were way up in Gainesville. She had no idea what I was talking about, and insisted the Gators were this weekend in Oldsmar. Turns out, they built a big BMX facility there and they were having a big meet this weekend called ... you guessed it ... the Gator Nationals. Luckily, I got my work done and made my plane last evening.

Gators were the 2nd NHRA event in 1970... set a week or two after The MARCH MEET, which was One of the Major events of the year. Remember, winning the Big Independent Events was As, or to some, More important than a NHRA event.

Arizona and Vegas do draw on the same crowds/fan base which would hurt the Gate at both... and hey, we can't take a race away from His Royal Highness Mister Smith....

it's 4 am, I'm gonna take a nap:rolleyes:

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back