Gainesville Dive Conspiracy Theory (1 Viewer)

Ennis 2008...Greggo, Justin, Stefanie, and me are sitting in the pit side stands in about Row L. During the Friday night TF qualifying session, between some runs we hear from behind us the sound of very heavy footsteps going faster and faster, like somebody is running down the stands. As we turn to see what the commotion is, we see this poor drunken sap horizontal, like he's impersonating Superman flying thru the air. He began his drunken flight in about row Q, and landed with a face plant in about Row F. Landing between two unsuspecting, and very sober, individuals about 3 seats in from the aisle, the guy's beer went flying, he landed on his face, and there was blood everywhere, pouring from the guys face. We thought there was going to be fisticuffs but the sober guys took pity on the guy as he attempted to collect himself, sitting at the end of the row of seats while a few kind souls handed him some towels.

Fast forward to Sunday, during eliminations, some guy near us commented about Cory Mac taking a dive against Tony Schu and Greg says out loud "the only dive I've seen all weekend was that guy on Friday night" and then proceeded to simulate the staggering footsteps, the flight thru the air, and the crash landing. Stefanie's laugh alone about Greg's reenactment was worth the price of the Sunday ticket. Truly an instance where you had to be there.

I tend not to take humor out of other peoples misfortune, but that story gets funnier every time I hear it!

Although I didn't see the incident, I do believe that we did see the guy on Sunday in a similarly inebriated state... this time he was in a controlled ascent of the bleachers...

Something makes me think it wasn't his first "assisted" fall, or his last!

some random clues, that Hagen did not take a dive :

1. Hagen did not immediately drive out of the groove !
2. Hagen's throttle linkage was intact before and after the run
3. Hagen did not suspiciously ask his crew chief if the car was gonna smoke the tires before the run !
4. Hagen and Gray are not kin !

:p:D:p

James, I'm not meaning any disrespect when asking this, but how do you know if the throttle linkage was intact before and after the run, are you a crew guy for Force or Hagan? If not where are you getting this information? I like to see facts not just theories of some Force haters. Also, how do you know he asked that question? Did you hear it personally or did someone tell you this?

James, I'm not meaning any disrespect when asking this, but how do you know if the throttle linkage was intact before and after the run, are you a crew guy for Force or Hagan? If not where are you getting this information? I like to see facts not just theories of some Force haters. Also, how do you know he asked that question? Did you hear it personally or did someone tell you this?

well, just like u were being coy in your original post (which i knew u were), i was being facetious with my response. Of course i have no proof any of this is true, but i guess i’m apt to judge, whether a person is guilty or innocent based on there history or tendencies and since Force has been accused of throwing races, more than any other team in the pro ranks, i’m less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt when he suspiciously loses to a team member. In the throttle linkage incident, after the loss to his daughter, i remember Force immediately got out of his car and started on a 4 letter laced rant about accusations of taking a dive, yet Gary Gerald or Alan Reinhard never said word one to him. He clearly acted liked the cat that swallowed the canary. How do i know John Ask his crew chief “is it gonna smoke the tires” ? On TV they were monitoring Force’s radio channel before his run against Ashley in the final. A quick rewind of the DVR confirmed what i though i heard. Given the situation, i found that, to be an odd question to ask.

I would buy a front row ticket to sit and watch somebody tell Matt Hagen that he was going to take a dive.

Now that would be entertaining!

Alan

well, just like u were being coy in your original post (which i knew u were), i was being facetious with my response. Of course i have no proof any of this is true, but i guess i’m apt to judge, whether a person is guilty or innocent based on there history or tendencies and since Force has been accused of throwing races, more than any other team in the pro ranks, i’m less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt when he suspiciously loses to a team member. In the throttle linkage incident, after the loss to his daughter, i remember Force immediately got out of his car and started on a 4 letter laced rant about accusations of taking a dive, yet Gary Gerald or Alan Reinhard never said word one to him. He clearly acted liked the cat that swallowed the canary. How do i know John Ask his crew chief “is it gonna smoke the tires” ? On TV they were monitoring Force’s radio channel before his run against Ashley in the final. A quick rewind of the DVR confirmed what i though i heard. Given the situation, i found that, to be an odd question to ask.

Pathetic!!

I would buy a front row ticket to sit and watch somebody tell Matt Hagen that he was going to take a dive.

Now that would be entertaining!

Alan

Alan, I never meant for it to sound like I thought Matt was taking a dive. I def. don't think that he would ever do that, or Johnny Gray for that matter. I was just being a a smart*&@!!! LOL :D

Bottom line: JFR wins again!

Schumacher gets skunked two years in a row!

Life is beautiful!

X2!!! best post ever! its amazing , the dsr lovefest on here just because he posts sometimes, and the force hatred. sad actually, these people wouldnt last 2 minutes on the bullett.

The Force hatred isn't sad. The DSR hatred isn't sad. The combo is the best thing Funny Car has going and for me the NHRA!

Embrace it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back