Despite Career-Best Numbers, Line Looks for More in Gainesville (1 Viewer)

Event: 42nd annual Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals

Day/Date: Friday, March 11, 2011

The naturally-aspirated Pro Stock category enjoyed nearly perfect conditions on Friday at the Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals with numerous drivers posting career-best elapsed times and top speeds, with five drivers bettering the previous e.t. record and six topping the standing top speed mark. Summit Racing driver Jason Line was among those rewriting his personal record book, with his 6.519-second time and 213.20 mph top speed being the best of his standout Pro Stock career. However, finding himself in the eighth position midway through qualifying, the three-time Gatornationals winner looked for major improvement during Saturday’s final two sessions.

“When the conditions are as good as they were today, you need to hit every one of your marks to take advantage of them,” said Line. “Although I was able to run quicker and faster than I ever have, we were still off in a few areas, so we did not get everything we could have out of our race car.

“Fortunately, the conditions are supposed to be as good tomorrow morning, and we have a pretty good idea of what needs to be fixed. We know this Summit Racing Pontiac is capable of running with the best in the category – after all, my teammate (Greg Anderson) is tied for the quickest time. It’s just up to us to find the right combination to get it done, and I’m confident we’ll do exactly that.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back