FYI on the live broadcast (1 Viewer)

Nothing for the Seattle fans, they completed 3 rounds of racing, the race is considered official after the 2nd round. Programming delayed? WTF? Fox stayed 1 hr after the scheduled end time on network TV and even moved the race to FS2 and had every intention on showing all of it, why are you ragging it? All Access is now only $65 for the rest of the year with the 35% off coupon they were offering this past weekend. Clearly you are a pissed off person and love to complain, take a Xanax and chill out, it's no where near as bad as your complaining is making it sound.

Paul there is two weeks before the next event they could have extended it for the finals!
I'm well aware of the discount but there are fees that apply when purchasing a whole season! Do your home work!
What also stops people from again their email and password?
I'm sure that happens. As far as Mother Nature I'm well aware it always a possibility but that one fact that the next event is two weeks away they could have finished it at the event it was held at!
And if you really like FS1's broadcasting that's your poragative and respect your opinion but that doesn't give you the right to crap on others now does it!
Let's look at the history of this debate: delayed broadcasting ( it's just as bad as ESPN) 2 All Acess ( ESPN offered it for free) Attendance it's purely by perspective!
Example I attended Sonoma there were open seats in both side of the stands for every round!
It's worse at all other events. I've been a fans since the sixties and have a right to bitch about whatever I choose and I'm doing so because I care about the sport I grew up watching since my uncle got me interested in and have owned his share of drag cars.
So follow your own useless advise and YOU CHILL!

NHRA will file a lawsuit in Federal Court on their behalf: "Overly Entitled Whiny Assed People v. Mother Nature". Perhaps a judge will issue an injunction against weather in the Pacific Northwest until the suit can be heard.

What do you think they are going to do ... IT RAINED. Read the back of the ticket, it is laid out clearly what constitutes a rain check, yesterday far exceeded that.

And you are WRONG about ESPN3 versus All Access. ESPN3 offered less than half what All Access does. ESPN3 was the second session of pros only on Friday, nothing on Saturday and was on all day Sunday (with no audio or commentary or graphics or replays during sportsman). And has already been pointed out, as the season goes on, the price goes down.

I'm not a sue happy individual you obviously are!
You are dead wrong I've watched Saturday sessions and Friday sessions on ESPN3.
And I stand by what I said Mike Dunn was a much better, and of coarse knowledgable, announcer than Tony Pedregon!
Read my reply to Paul.
This site was once a decent respected site until Morons started posting so stop wasting my time!
You don't think NHRA's future is in trouble then you go on and keep burying your head in the sand!
I want the sport survive I'm not a sheep and just go along with whatever they do!
I'll give you an example removing the scoop and using fuel injection should have been done years ago but to say by removing the scoop it resembles more of tha actual car they sell to the public is a joke.
Those bodies are longer narrower and much more arrow dynamic than the stock body. It has to be just like in NASCAR!
I think Pro Mod should be a pro class at all events. Diverse bodies nowraps custom paint and a lot faster!

bob, do you think chris was possibly being facetious with comment about sueing?.....give me a break :eek:

my .02.....takes a lot of dough for these pro teams to be on the road these days, much more expense to stay over additional days, not to mention local zoning laws......it rained, 3 rounds were completed. these teams convene 24x a year, to run off 1 or 2 rounds at a following event only makes perfect sense to me.....everybody leaves on time, flights out are on time (hopefully)....teams/rigs pull out on time, everyone to convene again at the next event/s where business can easily be finished.......hey, i loved the 80's and 90's too when everyone would stay over till monday or tuesday, in fact it's still entirely possible that we may see that happen again in the future. lot of expense, logistics and planning to be where everyone needs to be; in fact a few of the pro teams are headed for memphis this weekend for the 'new' world series, so there is not an off weekend for some of them.....everyone has schedules.

bob, do you think chris was possibly being facetious with comment about sueing?.....give me a break :eek:

my .02.....takes a lot of dough for these pro teams to be on the road these days, much more expense to stay over additional days, not to mention local zoning laws......it rained, 3 rounds were completed. these teams convene 24x a year, to run off 1 or 2 rounds at a following event only makes perfect sense to me.....everybody leaves on time, flights out are on time (hopefully)....teams/rigs pull out on time, everyone to convene again at the next event/s where business can easily be finished.......hey, i loved the 80's and 90's too when everyone would stay over till monday or tuesday, in fact it's still entirely possible that we may see that happen again in the future. lot of expense, logistics and planning to be where everyone needs to be; in fact a few of the pro teams are headed for memphis this weekend for the 'new' world series, so there is not an off weekend for some of them.....everyone has schedules.

Mike I understand and do agree with your point!
I know it's expensive and additional costs by staying but it just doesn't feel right that we should wait that long for the event to finish it should happen at the next event and count as Qualifying at that event. Just pair up the finalist during qualifying.
Yes the 80's and 90's were awesome but the 70's should be included when the funny cars actually looked like the cars they represented before technology turned them into door wedges.
I hope your right and that does come back where they finish the event. Seattle is in the middle of nowhere. It's truly a beautiful area and on a clear day you get a awesome view of mount Rainer.

bob, you did read where the mtn. view team graciously accepted a result @ indy due to newcomer in class unable to
be @ brainerd?.....pretty class move i'd say.....brainerd is in middle of nowhere too, where at least fc and tf will be decided as
all contestants are touring regulars; during qualifying as we've seen happen in past

.....was wrong about memphis, will be week between bir and indy.

Last edited:
I'm not a sue happy individual you obviously are!
You are dead wrong I've watched Saturday sessions and Friday sessions on ESPN3.
And I stand by what I said Mike Dunn was a much better, and of coarse knowledgable, announcer than Tony Pedregon!
Read my reply to Paul.
This site was once a decent respected site until Morons started posting so stop wasting my time!
You don't think NHRA's future is in trouble then you go on and keep burying your head in the sand!
I want the sport survive I'm not a sheep and just go along with whatever they do!
I'll give you an example removing the scoop and using fuel injection should have been done years ago but to say by removing the scoop it resembles more of tha actual car they sell to the public is a joke.
Those bodies are longer narrower and much more arrow dynamic than the stock body. It has to be just like in NASCAR!
I think Pro Mod should be a pro class at all events. Diverse bodies nowraps custom paint and a lot faster!

I was definitely joking about the lawsuit, that's what I get for trying to be funny on the internet. I have never sued anyone in my life.

I am not saying everything is peaches and cream with NHRA, nor can you even possibly infer that from any of my posts, but the things being complained about not finishing the event in Seattle were beyond reasonable control. I don't think the majority of fans that were there felt slighted in the least since 90% or more of them left as soon as it started raining, including members of this board. There was little chance more than 10% of them would have come back for 3 passes on Monday, people work. I don't remember the same ire last year when they couldn't finish Brainerd and had to finish at Indy.

I am all for accountability and holding NHRA's feet to the fire when they screw up, but I don't think this is one of those times. If every little thing gets complained about, then nothing gets complained about as the legit stuff gets washed out in the white noise of complaining about nothing, like the weather.

I don't ever remember watching ESPN3 on Saturday. I am reasonably sure it was not an option. perhaps someone else can chime in.

Mike Dunn has moved on, he is the new President of IHRA, we are going to have to move on too.

I never said you were a sheep.

I don't understand what your rants about Pro Stock, All Access or Pro Mod have to do with your original premise, which is what are they going to do for people in Seattle?

If you think I am a moron or I am wasting your time, well, I don't know what to say. Neither is true.

Was away for the weekend. Went to watch the race Tue. night. Before the finals the broadcast stopped, THANKS FOX. Who ever changes channels during a sports show??
On the plus side, they did explain a "HOLE-SHOT WIN" to me. Thanks NHRA......................NOT !!!!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back