What Happened After The 1st Round of Indy? (1 Viewer)

mltdwn12

Nitro Member
I had my Direct TV & DVR set up as always to record the NHRA, but I got to the end of the 1st round or so and they said "you'll have to pick up your remote to continue watching"! Lord knows that cliff diving that came on was a fan favorite :( This morning I did think it was odd that I heard about 5 hours coverage but my list looked like it only caught 2 hours. I scrolled though the Guide and didn't see anything else? Where was it broadcast? How can you screw up the biggest race of the year?

Not sure what happened on your end.
The first 2 hours were on FS1 and next 3 hours on FOX.

Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals

August 31-September 5
Indianapolis, Ind.
09/05/2016 Finals 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET/8:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT (FS1) LIVE
09/05/2016 Finals 01:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET/10:00 AM - 1:00 PM PT (FOX) LIVE

So I just saw on the NHRA site that it was on the regular FOX channel? I guess I have to quit assuming I'll catch everything on FS1 :(

I had my Direct TV & DVR set up as always to record the NHRA, but I got to the end of the 1st round or so and they said "you'll have to pick up your remote to continue watching"! Lord knows that cliff diving that came on was a fan favorite :( This morning I did think it was odd that I heard about 5 hours coverage but my list looked like it only caught 2 hours. I scrolled though the Guide and didn't see anything else? Where was it broadcast? How can you screw up the biggest race of the year?
Another example of looking to place blame other than where it belongs. Posts like this must make FOX and NHRA just shake their collective heads. Advertising has been out there for weeks as to channels for broadcast.

You gotta own this one Craig

No worries, it will re-air a few times on FS1 throughout the week. You'll still get to see it, just delayed.

09/06/2016 Finals 06:30 AM - 9:30 AM ET/3:30 AM - 6:30 AM PT (FS1)
09/07/2016 Finals 04:00 AM - 7:00 AM ET/1:00 AM - 4:00 AM PT (FS1) REPLAY
09/08/2016 Finals 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET/7:00 PM - 10:00 PM PT (FS2) REPLAY

Look for it on FS1 tomorrow morning.

I had my DVR set to record NHRA Drag Racing on Fox. Even though it was set to record for some reason it did not. It automatically recorded the western swing. I guess somewhere in the description something didnt match up so it didnt record. I was watching all day on All Access so it wasnt a big deal to me. It definitly was not a FOX issue but more of a Directv issue.

All of yours "season pass' recordings operate on a priority basis. So if you have NHRA set on a low priority, you are not always going to get it.

Another example of looking to place blame other than where it belongs. Posts like this must make FOX and NHRA just shake their collective heads. Advertising has been out there for weeks as to channels for broadcast.

You gotta own this one Craig
Not all his fault Jim. They labeled the FOX Sports 1 show and the FOX show the same so if he had it set to record first run programs the DVR thought the FOX show was a repeat of what it just recorded. I had the same problem and missed the second qualifying show. I looked at race day and seen it was not going to record the finals on FOX

In Craig's defense. How many baseball games have anyone watched the 1st. Innings then have to switch channels to watch the remainder of the game.

Given that we're so accustomed to "getting kicked downstairs" by the former broadcaster, it's somewhat understandable that "moving up" to the Big Show might cause some disorientation. It's all good!

All of yours "season pass' recordings operate on a priority basis. So if you have NHRA set on a low priority, you are not always going to get it.
All of my season pass recordings are 1, 2 and 3 on my priority list. Only reason I noticed it wasn't recording was the live tv timeouts on all access. I turned on the tv and it wasn't recording. I even have it set to record both first run and repeats. Once again more of a directv programming issue than an NHRA issue.

Not all his fault Jim. They labeled the FOX Sports 1 show and the FOX show the same so if he had it set to record first run programs the DVR thought the FOX show was a repeat of what it just recorded. I had the same problem and missed the second qualifying show. I looked at race day and seen it was not going to record the finals on FOX

I had the same thing happen. Had to manually turn on the DVR to record when the latter show came on (I hate commercials). FS1 is getting worse by the day. Their editing sucks. I liked how the winner of the Traxxas FC Shootout was announced before they showed that final round.

Cliff diving bumps out the biggest drag race of the year?..................Really?

Cliff diving bumps out the biggest drag race of the year?..................Really?

So, what your saying John, is that NHRA is just fine on the sports network, but when it goes to the national NETWORK channel- and cliff diving is on the sports channel- that's a BAD thing?

So, what your saying John, is that NHRA is just fine on the sports network, but when it goes to the national NETWORK channel- and cliff diving is on the sports channel- that's a BAD thing?

I'm saying just leave the NHRA show on the original channel. If they want to put the show on the national network, fine. But I shouldn't have to be changing channels every few hours to see the same race. Seems like every month FS1 gets worse. They are definitely a JV team.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back