Friend lost (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Sad news in the Thomas household today :(

Paija, my 15 year old Chow/ SharPei mix, responsible for helping me make my PTW selections last year (much to Ghio's dismay), passed in her sleep today.

PupsPicks2.jpg

It is more difficult to deal with because I am on the road (and have been, as some of you know, for a while now), but she has been in the wonderful care of my great neighbors and she has had run of the house and all the best comforts (I remember when my ex gave me $hit for buying the air conditioner for the pup's room in the house). She was a big fan of the grounds around Southwestern Int'l. Raceway, where there wasn't a jackrabbit that she wasn't down for a sprint through the desert with.

She will be creamated tomorrow, and a portion of her ashes will be spread at the fairgrounds near the track, where she had her best "dog days". She was a great dog and a wonderful friend, and will be missed.

OH I'm so sorry!! Loosing any pets is hard. We lost our Hamster at Christmas and my kids are still sad! :(

That's really sad. I think the reason that losing a pet is damn rough is because of how the love you. They have so much love to give and ask for so very little in return.

My best to you Martin

Dave

Martin, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's really hard to lose a pet/child & one that has been so wonderful just makes it harder. You will never replace her and will always remember her and how wonderful she was. Those memories would never have happened without her. g'

Martin,

I'm very very sorry to hear of Paija's passing. She was an absolutely beautiful dog! I'm sorry you couldn't be there to give her that one last hug, but glad to know your neighbors loved her enough to take her in while you were out on the road.

Keep those memories close to your heart. Big hugs from me to you!

Martin,
Not much I can say that Jenn, GP, Michele, Jess, Chris, and the Daves haven't already said.

She could 'pick' winners, that's fer dang sure. Thinkin' that's her steering wheel controller on the floor, I'm sure she could out drive you in a video game.

Made a decision a couple of years ago when I lost Chief Bearclaw Windwalker, my cat of 16 years, no more pets, it's not fair to them that must likely they will outlive me.

Yes Martin, I feel your lost.

Karl

Sorry to hear about the loss of your critter bro.

It is so tough to lose a loved one, even of the animal variety. They are truly members of the family.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. At least you had 16 wonderful years with her. I am sending you big hugs and kisses from Texas. Stay safe out there.

xxxooo

Suz

I am very sorry to hear that Martin. It is a horrible thing to go through and I feel for ya'

Hang in there and remember the good times!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, to hear about your best friend. My best friend is sitting right here beside me now. So Maggie and I send out our love to you.

Y'all have been so kind- I really can't thank you enough for all the kind thoughts. I've been finding a bunch of great pictures in my computer of her, and with the thoughts you guys have been sending my way, the heartache is starting to fade.

I told the boys yesterday (I was thinking I should wait until I get home next week), and my oldest straight away just said she was getting to play with her sister again... Kids say the BEST things :)

Thank you so much everyone

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back