Need some prayers (1 Viewer)

2784idba

Nitro Member
My baby girl was diagnosed with lymphoma last night. I have had since she was 2 yrs old (1997). she is now 13.5 and they tell me I have days to weeks left with her. Last night was very hard to sleep. This is the first pet i have owned. Since my wife and I can't have children, this is going to be hard. She has been an excellent dog since we got married, Jet actually was my dog then decided she was a mama's girl once we moved in together. So after 11 years together it will be time to say goodbye, and that is what hurts he most.

100_1727.jpg

I'm sorry to hear this, Dan.

Looks like a wonderful dog. Love her till the end my friend.

I am so sorry to hear about that Dan.

She has and always will be special and I hope that she remains pain free as long as possible.
g'

Oh my goodness....I'm so sorry! Y'all are all in my thoughts and prayers. There are so many of use here that view our furbabies as children and members of our families. You're in my thoughts.....

Dan,
I am so sorry. We went through this with our Irish Setter about 2 months ago. She was 13 as well. :(

So sorry to hear about your pup. She looks like such a nice dog. It's always tough with a pet because they have so much love to give and and they ask for so very little. My best to you and you wife, I will pray for you guys.

Dave

thanks to all. yesterday was a great day for her, she is responding to steroids very well. She was eating and drinking normally. We sent our son on a trip to see is father in Buffalo, so we made the drive from Appleton, WI to Milwaukee to the Amtrak. She came with and loved it. We even took a walk around down town. People coming up to her to say hi. Young children just love her and she them. At one point a young women came up with full of sassy 4 year old black lab, lucky. Lucky made me remember when I got jet. How full of spunk they can be.

I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers, I know i am new to this board, but this forum has a good sense of companionship.

Dan

I feel for you Dan it is never easy to loose a loyal companion. My heart goes out to you and your wife. :(
She is a good looking Dog with soulful eyes.

I'm sorry to hear this Dan...I've got 3 myself and have lost 3 in the past 5 years...Just spend all the time you can with her now!!

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your pup...

T

thanks to all that have read or responded. My dog is doing well since I posted this. the power of pray is amazing.

dan

I just saw this thread Dan, and please know that you guys are in my prayers.

I had to say goodbye to my own fur baby in March. It is surely the part of pet ownership that stinks, but for myself, I will tell you that I am not willing to give up the many years of love, acceptance, laughs, companionship and friendship in order to avoid the pain that comes when they have to leave. The only reason I have not adopted another yet is that I had to have surgery, which I had put off for too long. It's the first time in my life I haven't had a dog, and I'm doing all I can to get to the place when I can adopt another 'kid'.

Hang in there. You've got our support and prayers.

100_2221.jpg

Rest in peace my friend.
Jet Young, 1-31-1995 to 7-8-08

Love Dad.

Dan My heart goes out to you and you're family. :eek:
Jet had some awesome parents and had everything he needed for the short time he had on this planet.He was obviously loved! Stay strong only time will heal your heart and I'm sure you have many cherished memories my heart is heavy for you. :(

Dan, I am so sorry Jet has passed. I am glad you got to spend so many good days and years together, but I know that right now, it just hurts. My deepest sympathies.
g'

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back